Help Identifying Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that the metal 2nd stage with the Scuba Pro hose is a Dacor Pacer XL 2nd stage, not a USD Conshelf series... Took a second look and I think the exhaust looks like USD so I think it really is a USD :)

They look very similar but I think the pacer had a larger purge plate.

edit:

Just looking at pictures on the innerwebs and the Dacor reg had the Dacor logo molded into the exhaust-T. That would be one way to distinguish between them.

R..

Was able to get the orifice off the hose. Looks like the orifice has a minor nick in in. Not sure if it is bad enough to prevent a seal. =\

Not clear on what you mean here. The orifice is in the body of the reg and the hose is separate. But, if you can see a Nick in the sealing surface of the orifice, it is toast.

There is a nick/scratch/dent on the rim that presses against the LP seat.

I think that the metal 2nd stage with the Scuba Pro hose is a Dacor Pacer XL 2nd stage, not a USD Conshelf series... Took a second look and I think the exhaust looks like USD so I think it really is a USD :)

I think it is USD. The exhaust looks similar to a Calypso IV I have. It has a nylon locking nut in it instead of metal though.

The purge button is smaller than the one on a Dacor Pacer XLE and the exhaust does not have Dacor logo on it.

Back
Top Bottom