Can You Please Help Me W/ Bali Itinerary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outofofficebrb

HARRO HUNNAYYY
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, everyone. I posted this in another forum but wanted to make sure the experts on the Travel forum also saw it. I've committed ourselves to a Komodo LOB with the itinerary below. Can you please help me fill in the question marks for some suggestions?

Thank you so much for any ideas you have! :heart:

Sep 23 - Arrive DPS (Bali) around 8PM. Stay near airport first night or go somewhere? (Where?)
Sept 24 - ?
Sept 25 - ?
Sept 26 - ?
Sept 27 - ? evening flight to Labuan Bajo
Sep 28 - Komodo LOB
Sep 29 - Komodo LOB
Sep 30 - Komodo LOB
Oct 1 - Komodo LOB
Oct 2 - Fly back to Bali from LBJ in the afternoon - then what?
Oct 3 - 9:45 PM flight home out of DPS (Bali) - what to do during the day before flight?

Edited to add: Any great spots for beaches and lounging the day away?

Last edited:
You could go to Tulamben on the East Coast which has wonderful diving around the Liberty Wreck. This is about three hours drive from the airport.

At the end you could go to Ubud or spend the time on a beach area such as Sanur which is near the airport.

You could go to Tulamben on the East Coast which has wonderful diving around the Liberty Wreck. This is about three hours drive from the airport.

At the end you could go to Ubud or spend the time on a beach area such as Sanur which is near the airport.

Liberty wreck is definitely on my list. How much time would you spend in Tulamben? How are the beaches in Sanur? Is there a specific one that you liked? Thanks!

I think I commented in your other thread with regard to the diving.

When I did a Komodo liveaboard and returned from LBJ to DPS the day before my flight home, I overnighted in Sanur rather than Denpasar. Sanur is a little more peaceful. It may not be quite as sleepy as back in the day, when (so I read in my guidebook) some wags would call it "Snore," but it's still away from the party scene of Kuta Beach. I spent the day just walking around the beach area in Sanur, stopped for a drink or ice cream or something in the afternoon, shopped for souvenirs, had dinner, etc., and then got a taxi to the airport. I'm not much for laying on the beach, so I can't comment on the quality of the beach itself. From what I recall (and having lived in SoCal), I've seen nicer. I suppose you could try to cram in more on your last day, but I was tired after the liveaboard and appreciated the downtime with no agenda.

If you want to visit Ubud, I suggest doing it during your first few days. It sounds like you're planning to hit Tulamben then. How much time to spend in Tulamben, you ask? It's like anywhere else: some people come for a day and do a couple of dives, and some people come for a week. I think my upcoming itinerary has me there for three days of diving.

Consider spending the first two days in Tulamben, and then take a day off the diving and get your dose of Balinese culture and rice paddy views (touristy as it may be) in the Ubud area before the liveaboard.

Back
Top Bottom