World's First Artificial Gills Re-breather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I relate it to Napster or Pirate Bay. While it was the users breaking copyright law, at the end of the day, those companies facilitated it and are/were held responsible. *Pirate bay is just amazingly good at avoiding being shut down.

Can't stop the signal. You can, however, stop the money transfers -- and that's where crowdfunding sites are very different from torrent aggregators.

I am thinking of getting funding for my anti-gravity machine on Indiegogo, I am sure the Black Ops Stealth version will sell out quickly.
I know right? I have several great ideas for separating vulnerable people from their money, and Indiegogo will make it all legit for me - now all I need is that operation to remove my sense of shame and become a clinical sociopath to allow me to go through with it.

stupidity should be painful...

Reactions: Pao
There are some people who aggressively reject reasoned argument as to why it is a con. Sure, these people are in for an awakening.

But probably many of the backers do not have English as a first language, are taken in by glossy photos of what appears (and is intended to appear) to be a real product and can't really follow the, admittedly technical, proof as to how it can't be real. Do they deserve to be decieved?

Probably some of the backers are vulnerable people. Low mental ability, over trusting personalities etc. The web page is very specifically set up to give the impression that they are buying a real product - apart from a tiny legal disclaimer, quickly clicked away. Do they deserve to be decieved?

Probably many of the backers belive that Indiegogo gives some (any) protection from complete fraud on their site, and that even if it turns out to be a fraud that they have some channel, any channel, to get their money back. Do they deserve to be decieved?

Is it right that Indiegogo should facilitate, profit from and protect pre-meditated deception, whatever happens to the backers?

Is it right that Indiegogo should facilitate, profit from and protect pre-meditated deception, whatever happens to the backers?
No, indiegogo ought to be punished for this, they clearly know it's a scam and they are willingly helping the scammers to steal the money.

I really do feel sorry for the backers, they are being taken advantage of and I'm for protecting the victims, whether they're stupid or just uneducated or whatever. This whole thing is like watching a robbery in slow motion and you can't do anything about it... I really hope the state or district attorney goes after indiegogo... and I hope the Swedish attorney already knows about this.

I felt sorry for the investors until some of them started talking about how the doubters of this product would have said the same thing about the invention of the airplane. Some suggested that the undersea technology industries are so terrified by this game changing technology that all the skeptics are creating doubt just to protect the status quo. These people go out of their way to believe some guy on the internet and disregard the input of actual experts.

Some of the comments posted links to 5-6 in-depth articles debunking this thing yet the Triton creator simply says, "The naysayers will hang their heads in shame!" and people believe it!

I know it's wrong but at some point, I have to give up and say, "You people go for it! Get the Twin pack of the Black Ops model that breathes underwater and regrows hair. We'll all meet in St. Thomas this September for some diving and have a great time..... dumba$$."

I'll feel bad about it but when the time comes, I'm going to laugh at them and say, "I told you so."
I guess that makes me kind of a nasty person but I'm working on it.

I felt sorry for the investors until some of them started talking about how the doubters of this product would have said the same thing about the invention of the airplane

At least in your case they used the airplane analogy. I ran across someone who used the artificial diamond one, which was unfortunate.

Unfortunate for him.

You see, I put myself through the Gemological Institute of America, and spent 30 years in the jewelry industry. I knew the science and history behind artificial diamonds, so in trying to trip me up by going to something he thought would end my being able to rebut, he landed smack onto an area of expertise. We didn't all start out as divers, as he discovered.

"Avarice and injustice are always short-sighted." Adam Smith - The Wealth of Nations 1776.

"There's a sucker born every minute." Phineas T. Barnum

Last edited:
Now that the date has passed for refunds and the campaign is closed, the comments on Indegogo are going to start getting awesome.

Commentator: "Your money is gone."

HAHAHAH (I know it's wrong to laugh.) This will provide weeks of entertainment as, one by one, the investors realize they are not part of some technological revolution but just a bunch of suckers that got scammed and they should have listened to the people on SB.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-s-first-artificial-gills-oxygen-respirator--2#/comments

There probably won't be any more real developments in this story but I hope the mods leave the thread open for a while so we have a forum to make fun of these people (even if it goes off-topic.)

and it's gone...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom