Any comments on the ACR 2881 ResQLink+ PLB Floating PLB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been meaning to dive with it and test it out empty. On my todo list.
Good idea. I'll do that too. I saw a thread where someone had gotten a custom PLB canister made by Light Monkey. It is basically an empty canister light. Looks super nice, and can be mounted easily on your waist band. I shudder to imagine what that would cost. I'm gonna call some time to find out for fun :coffee:

Good idea. I'll do that too. I saw a thread where someone had gotten a custom PLB canister made by Light Monkey. It is basically an empty canister light. Looks super nice, and can be mounted easily on your waist band. I shudder to imagine what that would cost. I'm gonna call some time to find out for fun :coffee:

I'd be interested in both your experiences with the canister. Looks like he still has some on EBay for about $115 USD with shipping. Seems like a lot, but if it's truly waterproof for diving and allows you to take your PLB (which I'll be picking up today BTW) with you underwater, then maybe it's worth it.

Looks like he still has some on EBay for about $115 USD with shipping. Seems like a lot
Not hardly compared to the cost of the heavier aluminum canisters at more than twice as much.
banana110.gif

I've used the Ozzie cannister on about 100 dives so far. No greasing and no leaking. I must say that It's a big thing to lug around. Enough space for a Clif bar (or two) in addition to the radio.

I've used the Ozzie cannister on about 100 dives so far. No greasing and no leaking. I must say that It's a big thing to lug around. Enough space for a Clif bar (or two) in addition to the radio.

Which one are you talking about? The one on Ebay?

There are two sizes. Did you order the wrong one?

Which one are you talking about? The one on Ebay?
I am assuming he is referencing that once, that comes from Australia/Oz.

Yes I bought the smaller one. It's still a beast. Could probably stuff my pet Dachshund in there with the transmitter but he hates water. Chatted extensively with the inventor in Australia. Lovely guy and very useful albeit oversized case. I'll take a pic and post - perhaps yours is smaller than mine DD?

perhaps yours is smaller than mine DD?
No, mine is quite roomy too. I understand.

Back
Top Bottom