Need apartment advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking for a smaller property, clean with a pool and decent kitchen. Something close to town would be cool since we have never stayed in a central location. Any suggestions would be welcome.

You may want to check the AirBnB as well - they had quite a few inexpensive, nice properties out there.

I have a question for those who have stayed at the Bonaire Exclusief bungalows - did you book directly via their website, or use a booking website such as HomeAway? Seems like the prices vary and I am having trouble verifying if all the taxes and fees are included. Also, booking websites are in US $ while their website is in euros. (I'm in the US.) So I'm trying to pin down what is the best way to book one of their homes. Thanks for any input.

I have a question for those who have stayed at the Bonaire Exclusief bungalows - did you book directly via their website, or use a booking website such as HomeAway? Seems like the prices vary and I am having trouble verifying if all the taxes and fees are included. Also, booking websites are in US $ while their website is in euros. (I'm in the US.) So I'm trying to pin down what is the best way to book one of their homes. Thanks for any input.
I'm booked with them, haven't stayed yet. I booked through the website, and paid via pay pal. It did the conversions automatically. And it was simple.

OK, thanks for input, DustyC. Good to know it's easy to pay through PayPal. I'm still scratching my head over the rate difference - I managed to track down in the owner's fine print that their price includes the taxes, but the other booking website I'm looking at shows a lower price even with $6.50/night/person tacked on top of that....seems fishy; wouldn't a third-party booking website charge a service fee and wind up being *more* expensive? Guess I'm tempted by the third-party website but afraid I'll get stung by an extra fee that isn't advertised. I may wind up flipping a coin to choose how I book.

Sorry for the delay, Jazzy. I booked directly and paid through PayPal which did the conversion for mine from Euro to USD (and there was the 2.9% PayPal transaction fee tacked on so there is still an extra service fee). I think in the end it winds up being roughly the same.

Last year I needed to setup a Bonaire vacation trip and ended up going with Bonaire Pros. They set me up at the Caribean Club Resort with a dive, drive and breakfast package in June for a $1000. It has a pool, but the location is a little further from town... House reef is Oil Slick Leap...

http://www.bonairepros.com/Package-Deals-And-Specials#postBackPosition

Everything was done through email and they gave me a better price than was seen on their website...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom