Anilao - Who To Dive With?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I'm going to Anilao with two friends in May this year. We are looking to book accomodation and diving with someone soon, and I was hoping for some recommendations here. I picked up recommendations for diving with Evolution in Malapascua off Scubaboard last year and wasn't disappointed, so I was hoping someone could give me a good tip on who to dive with in Anilao.

There will be three of us. We're all experienced divers. Two are into photography and I'd be interested in some OC tech diving if it's available.

Look forward to hearing the wise minds on Scubaboard :)
I used Aquatech in March 2016 which is based in Aquaventure. Tek diving available including Tx and Rebreather, with reasonable prices. I was there only for 4 days, but most likely will go there again.
The website is not up to date, but it is still operating.

we did crystal blue last yr but were somewhat disappointed. the DM Glen was great but the rest of the staff were a bit ambivalent. The manager when he was there was more interested in photography which is great cuz i am into that too but the general attitude of the people was poor. example: when we arrived at 1 pm from Manila with a good safe driver we wanted to get in a checkout dive but the guy manning the dive opn was sleeping on the counter and when we woke him up was really put out. Front desk? When we found her again were bothering her. The food was only average and sometimes cold and rather than leave a pitcher of water on the table we would have to hunt them down or get it ourselves. Nitpicking? Well, we just came from Atlantis Dumaghete where we have never been treated better. Diving was great so we will be back but with another resort probably Bucleo?

Thanks for the info all. We decided to try Buceo, but they were full on the dates we wanted to go. So we looked at it a bit further and in the end, for a number of reasons decided to do Moalboal and Dumaguete instead. The sardine schools in Moalboal were amazing. We were under one that was so massive it was like being in a cave. Some great macro around Dumaguete and some lovely coral off Apo. Having done a few sites in the Philippines now I'm still pretty impressed with Malapascua though, such a great variety of dives sites, and the threshers are awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom