Lake Simcoe airplane wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spent a month on that lake with my boat and my yellowfin side scan sonar and a high end hummingbird side imaging sonar. I found the queen, which is nicely intact and still has its mast in place,would make for a nice dive,not just a bunch of planks but a nicely upright intact boat, also located what looks to be harvard off big bay point,but for the illusive lanc, good luck on that one, as far as the rescue boat boys finding it its a bunch of stories. The archioligical and salvage rights are tied up in court on just about everything in that lake too plus not to mention the blasted zebra muscles up there,but good luck....cameron.....but if its really there,take and post some pictures boys...the lanc hit the shoreline and piled into the trees according to all the old crash reports..

I spent a month on that lake with my boat and my yellowfin side scan sonar and a high end hummingbird side imaging sonar. I found the queen, which is nicely intact and still has its mast in place,would make for a nice dive,not just a bunch of planks but a nicely upright intact boat, also located what looks to be harvard off big bay point,but for the illusive lanc, good luck on that one, as far as the rescue boat boys finding it its a bunch of stories. The archioligical and salvage rights are tied up in court on just about everything in that lake too plus not to mention the blasted zebra muscles up there,but good luck....cameron.....but if its really there,take and post some pictures boys...the lanc hit the shoreline and piled into the trees according to all the old crash reports..

Cool on your finds. Care to share GPS points and location conditions for the wrecks you located? I am certain most people would love to dive them.

Back
Top Bottom