Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About a mile or so from the closest dock we found a nice fiberglass box.

Attachments

• 20160717_212733.jpg
    20160717_212733.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 236
Found a Phantom 3 Drone in Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma at about 30ft.

image.jpeg

To be fair, this was my drone I lost over Memorial Day. Said loss is what prompted me to get certified (and buy thousands of dollars in equipment!). A very expensive crash!

I had the exact coordinates where it went down and these things sink like a rock, however I am still pretty amazed I was able to find it.... "I love it when a plan comes together."

This morning I found a broken pair of sunglasses, two rusty bottle caps and $0.24 in loose change. At this rate I'll be dead of old age before my metal detector pays for itself. But it gets me out of the house and in the water and most importantly my wife can't nag at me for a couple hours. That makes the detector worth every penny I paid for it and then some!

Found this, half a Goebels bottle and the top half of small bottle that is corked. I will post the others when I get home. Anyone have a clue to what this might be? With my luck, something that use to plug the toilet on a ship lol. It is probably 4" across and 7-8" tall and weighs around 5-6lbs. Big sinker?

Last edited:
Found this, half a Goebels bottle and the top half of small bottle that is corked. I will post the others when I get home. Anyone have a clue to what this might be? With my luck, something that use to plug the toilet on a ship lol. It is probably 4" across and 7-8" tall and weighs around 5-6lbs. Big sinker?

Looks like some sort if unexploded ordinance. You may want to put it outside. Probably water logged, but I wouldn't let it dry out. I have seen the powder from a 70 year old AAA round burn quite effectively after being dried out. I am not an expert.

That's awesome, in a way. I asked and sent a picture to my LDS and they said the same thing, that testing was done in the great lakes and the St Clair river during WWll. Im going to soak it and see if I can get some of the debris off.

Where did you find it in the river? There was a bombing range in the middle channel and there is an fighter that went down in that area also. Good find though, I have not done the river in a few weeks.

I would do some research on what it is prior to doing anything with it. The thing sticking out the end is the fuse, I believe. It is most likely dead, but I wouldn't bet your life on it. Stick it in a bucket of water and post the pick on some WWII forums, they may be able to help you out. Right next to a dock means it may never have been fired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom