Best underwater scooter for spear fishing | Tusa or Apollo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I now own two Apollo AV-1's and one Dacor SV-900. One of the Apollo's is much newer than the two other scooters and is super fast compared to the other two.

They usually slow down because the brushes in the motor get grease on them from the gearcase. It is relatively easy, but time consuming to open them up, remove the motor and clean the brushes and relubricate the gears. Also a good time to replace the rear seal and orings and check the prop seal and bearings. Unfortunately the cost to have it done is not cheap, it takes a few hours of reasonably skilled time to rebuild one. Parts are available but not inexpensive. If you can replace the water pump on your car it wouldn't seem too difficult :)

i have and use both the torpedo and the sea shuttle from scuba pro and they are WAY less than 1000 dollars and work great

A major advantage of the Tusa is the hands free riding saddle. Easily the most common DPV in SE FL, frequently used for hunting

i have and use both the torpedo and the sea shuttle from scuba pro and they are WAY less than 1000 dollars and work great
yeh the torpedo models are quite good 2500 and 3500 models. Has a cool style and unique way of gripping it that i like, should be amazing for spearfishing......<TG>

Back
Top Bottom