?Thailand, end of October, where to go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michshlomo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
My husband and I (in our 30's) are experinced divers and will be in Thailand for a week at the end of October.
We dived in the Philippines, Cuba and the red sea.
For many (boring) reasons, liveboard is not an option for us, at best we might take a 1 night trip.

So i'm looking for an island and a dive resort to stay in for the entire week. Looking for a midrange laid back resort with comfortable diving (part of/near the resort), hassle free.
After researching here, seems that Andaman sea will be our best option.
I read here that Khao lak would be a great option, and Ko Lanta is second best.
We are not the partying kind, but do apreciate good food and big variety of good restaurants.

What should we expext weatherwise?

Would love to hear your input!
Michal

For day diving Ko.Lanta is fabulous. Hin Muang and Him Daeng are wonderful.sites reachable from there. We dived with Scubafish who.are a great outfit,they recommend a range of accommodation in the area. Kantian Bay is a beautiful.bay with a wonderful beach with some excellent restaurants.

Thanks for the great tip!
I'm looking into Castaway resort with R&D dive shop, looks good!

If you want to do something beside diving Phuket would be also an option. The Rawai Nai Harn area is quiet with hidden beaches and the pier for diving in Phuket is very close. Have a look on Dive Trips Phuket - Day Trips and Beach Dives / Over Night Trips We organize mini liveaboards 1 night 2 days or 2 nights 2 days too. Aloha from Thailand

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom