Connect air2 to dss wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
so I bought the dss bp/w based on recommendations on here and it seems pretty good quality. The problem is I went to attach my old aqualung integrated air directly to the wing and found they are different size fittings. They are the same style fittings but different sizes. The guy with dss said it was a standard size(on his wing) but maybe my air2 is non standard. Is there any way to make what I have work? If not, what would be my best option of getting my regulator setup to work with my new bc? Would love to just throw money at the problem but I had to save up for the bpw and my wife won't let me spend much more. Thanks for any help and I am not very familiar with the parts lingo.

Point of clarity regarding nomenclature: the Air2 is the name of a ScubaPro integrated into/inflator which uses industry standard hoses. There lpi fittingg is different. Are you talking about the corrugated hose or the lpi hose? The later is just swapping the one from whatever the integrated octopus was on before, or use a standard regulator hose, and adapter from someone like LeisurePro. If it is the corrugated hose, I can't help you. BTW, the standard lpi fitting does not pass enough air to function on a regulator.

Apologies, I meant the corrugated hose. The low pressure hose remains the same if I can keep the same reg and integrated air source. Also note my old setup had pull to dump but new elbow does not. I might be leaning towards a new dgx integrated air. Just seems like there would be an elbow I could buy that would solve my problem

There are two issues that need to be addressed to convert a wing to an Air2.

First is the inflater hose, which should come with the Air2, and connects to a low pressure port on your reg. Bob has the solution if you don't have the hose.

The second is more interesting, in order to have the unit function as designed, the shoulder dump has to be changed to the Air2 dump valve. Without this change, you will not be able to use the pull to dump feature of the Air2. A buddy of mine made the change on an Oxycheq wing so I know it can be done with enough determination.

Good Luck

Bob

Okay, helpul information. Look here:

BCD Parts and Components | Dive Gear Express®

IIRC, these are compatible with DSS (though you might have to make a flange washer from sheet material - think I had to when I was originally using one...).

Now would be a great time to convert to a standard Octo. That would cost a lot less than a new Octo/inflator, a new corrugated hose of adequate length and the new pull dump elbo

The guy with dss said it was a standard size(on his wing) but maybe my air2 is non standard.

I just wish I could have actually watched Tobin poop a kitten when you asked him how to fit an Air2 to his wing. LMAO!!

So, the problem is that the corrugated hose that came with your Air2 won't fit on the DSS wing elbow, and the DSS corrugated hose won't fit on your Air2's port? That sounds like a tough one. I think I would just find a cheap second stage to use as a proper octo and ditch the Air2. Maybe even sell it for enough to pay for the octo.

Now would be a great time to convert to a standard Octo. That would cost a lot less than a new Octo/inflator, a new corrugated hose of adequate length and the new pull dump elbo

That is the path I took when I moved from a jacket to a wing, I had no particular fondness for the integrated octo/inflator as I had used two (or one) seconds with jackets prior to this one and it is just a different tool for the job.

My buddy had always used an Air2 and liked it enough to go through the trouble of converting his wing. It was his choice and did not impair his ability to be an excellent buddy.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom