Has anyone tried on a Scubapro EverFlex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem. Glad to help. The Everflex also comes in a 5/4mm if you want to go that route. The 7mm along with a hood and a pair of gloves has gotten me pretty much everywhere I've wanted to go so far as a recreational diver.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

What temperatures are you diving w/ the 7 and what do you normally dive in a 3 or 5? Just want to gauge your warmth factor compared to mine . Thanks again!

I have a 5/4 Everflex and love it. I've been in 58 degree water with it and have stayed quite warm. I did order one size larger. I'm 5'9" and 165 lbs and ordered large as M was too small for me.

I'm considering buying a 7/5 but have a Bare progressive 7mm that does the job so can't justify it.

What temperatures are you diving w/ the 7 and what do you normally dive in a 3 or 5? Just want to gauge your warmth factor compared to mine . Thanks again!
My coldest dive in the suit was 54F at 123ft. I was also wearing a 6mm hood and 3mm gloves. I don't recall getting cold down there (aside from feeling the chill on my face). But being that deep I wasn't down there very long. I've been routinely diving in Lake Jocassee in SC this summer where the average temperature at 60-70ft is in the low 60s. Sometimes i wear a hood and sometimes I don't, just depends on how I'm feeling. But any colder/deeper than that and I'm putting on a hood for sure. Gloves if it gets down in the low 50s.

Every once in a while I'll take a trip to the Florida springs where the water temp is a glorious 70-72F year round with no thermocline. For spring diving, I wear the 7mm with no hood or gloves and it feels perfect. A 5mm would probably suffice for me here too, but I don't own one. I've gotten away with diving a 3mm in the springs, but it's not comfortable.

The only time I'd use a 3mm is for Summer ocean dives where the water is in the 80s and upper 70s.

Also (to add to my post about the seals), I did notice that the zipper seal is getting a little beat up. I may put some seal glue on the stitching here soon to reinforce it.
IMG_0145.JPG

Last edited:
I have the EverFlex in 3/2, 5/4, and 7/5. I've had the 3/2 for over a year and a half, the 7/5 for almost a year, and the 5/4 for about 6 months. My local shop has, and has had, them all on clearance over that whole time, so they were $160, $180, and $200, respectively.

I have worn the 3/2 numerous times in water down to 71F and been comfortable. I have worn the 7/5 in water down to 51F and been comfortable.

I tried on suits from Cressi, Akona, and Waterproof before I bought the SP suits. The EverFlex suits had better seals and a better fit than the Cressi and Akona suits I tried. I think the Waterproof suits are actually a little nicer, but they were either a lot more money or had colors I didn't like (depending on which model we're talking about), so I chose the EverFlex every time. If I were choosing between a SP EverFlex and a WP and they were the same price and I like the color, I would go with a WP suit over the EverFlex. That said, if I were picking between those 2 and a Bare Reactive at the same price, I would think long and hard about the Bare. The only thing that would hold me back from the Bare is stuff I've heard and read about issues with the main zipper on the Reactive suits.

Note: The WP suits have a bigger variety of sizes than any other brand I've seen. Also, I agree with an earlier post. The EverFlex suits run small for the labeled size. I'm 6'1", 220# and my EverFlex suits are XXL and fit me perfectly. If you mail order a suit, be sure and check the manufacturer's size chart for that specific suit. I say that because I think I remember that WP has different size charts for some of their suits.

Hi, folks. I ended up trying a 5mm EverFlex and wanted to report back in case someone ends up searching this forum for information on this.

I didn't end up getting it because it didn't fit nearly as well as the AquaFlex from Aqua Lung. While the arms and legs fit well on the EverFlex, the torso and the shoulders just didn't sit well and it was cut really strangely. Lots of air pockets or extra wetsuit and going a size down would not have worked for arms and legs. I'm 5'4", 128 pounds. No go. :(

Hi, folks. I ended up trying a 5mm EverFlex and wanted to report back in case someone ends up searching this forum for information on this.

I didn't end up getting it because it didn't fit nearly as well as the AquaFlex from Aqua Lung. While the arms and legs fit well on the EverFlex, the torso and the shoulders just didn't sit well and it was cut really strangely. Lots of air pockets or extra wetsuit and going a size down would not have worked for arms and legs. I'm 5'4", 128 pounds. No go. :(
Thanks for updating friend. Definitely go with the Aquaflex then if it fits the best.

I have owned two 5mm Everflex suits. The newer one has excellent seals to keep out the water. The only thing I don't like is Scubapro changed all of their suits to a diagonal zipper. It's not a deal breaker by any means, just inconvenient because now I have to have help getting zipped. The Everflex is the warmest suit I have ever worn.

+1. The diagonal zipper is a definite downgrade.

+1. The diagonal zipper is a definite downgrade.
Interesting..I didn't find it a dealbreaker. I didn't have trouble zipping it on my own. I was really bummed, and still am, because I was hoping that it would fit really well given how many good things people who own it had to say. Fit is everything with a wetsuit... :(

Back
Top Bottom