flopper shaft for ab biller 42", where to get one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abnjeffy

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just got my hand on an AB Biller 42, upgrade from my underpowered 32.

I am looking ot buy a new shaft, slightly longer than stock, but with a flopper and no threads, just a straight flooper shaft. I am having a hard time figuring out which will work on a Biller gun and where to pick one up/what to look fo. I have the ss speedload line kit installed and don't really see myself freeshafting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'm pretty sure the AB uses the same shaft as the Sea Hornets, & Ocean Rhinos. But I'm not 100% sure. No clue where you are located, but take the gun in to a shop that sells Ocean Rhinos, and try it out.

Looks like for the length, you'll be limited to the double flopper hybrid shafts. SPEARSHAFTS & SPEARTIPS | Ocean Rhino

Next step up is the 48", but I really wouldn't go with a longer shaft. Too much overhang will likely affect accuracy.

As for freeshafting. If you are hunting reef fish, give it a shot. I started with lineshafting, but made the convert shortly after wasting a ton of time and air with a tangle. I almost exclusively freeshaft now, but have the line on the gun in case it's needed. I actually just removed the SS speedload and went with a custom line kit similar to what the Koah guns use. I use a single flopper stinger shaft with slidering, but no retaining spring. Line has a ring instead of the clip, so I can changeover without reloading.

Biller actions will normally accept Biller,JBL and the SeaHornet/Rhino shafts.

Google ray odor he makes single flopper shafts for bullets...great shafts and good price

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom