Suunto Transmitter O-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
There are 2 o-rings on the transmitter that came with my vyper air. I have looked but can't find definite info on what o-ring sizes these are.

Can anyone confirm if the transmitter cap is a 023 o-ring?

And does anyone know what size o-ring should be used on the part of the transmitter that threads into the 1st stage hp port?

Thanks,
Zef

Thanks. I will pick some up the next time I need to open the case. I had some size 023 and it seemed to visually match up and seems to be working to keep the transmitter water tight.

If I recall the 023 is just under 2mm thick and just slightly over 25mm wide inner diameter.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Zef

Suunto recommends that the transmitter cover be replaced when changing batteries, so be careful when you open the transmitter case. The screws used to attach the plastic cover are self-tapping and cut new threads into the plastic every time they are tightened. Repeated removal and tightening of the screws can cause a loss of compression on the o-ring and subsequent flooding. If that happens, you will be buying a new transmitter.

It helps to gently press on the screw while turning it backwards (out) slowly. You can generally feel a small click/clunk/drop when the threads align. Then screw it in. It should hot have a lot of resistance. Hopefully you are now using the established screw track and not chewing up new plastic.

Back
Top Bottom