Divi Flamingo June 19-26, 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OH2OD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here is a short recap of our recent dive vacation to Bonaire. It was our ninth trip since 2004.

Our group of eleven divers and one non diver met in Atlanta for the June 19 Delta flight to diver’s paradise. Since we were taking the Sunday flight, my wife and I decided to fly to Atlanta on Saturday and spend the night at the Atlanta Airport Marriott. We took a taxi to the International terminal Sunday morning. We checked our luggage at curb side and security was smooth. The flight was on time and uneventful.
Immigration and baggage claim at Flamingo Airport went smooth.

We were met at the airport by a representative from Divi Flamingo Resort. The luggage was loaded in a truck and we boarded a bus for the short ride to our home for the week.

After check in, the next order of business was our dive orientation. Alvin of Divi Dive Bonaire presented a thorough and informative briefing. Our group decided on the time to do our mandatory check out dive and vacation had really begun.

Our group enjoys the comradery and ease of boat diving. Each morning we departed the dock around 8:30 for the daily two tank adventure. Our dive masters for the week, Rafino and Andrew, were like an extension of our group. They would help with anything on the boat and were always pointing out creatures on the dives. Each afternoon meant a shore dive on the Divi house reef, Calabas.
This site always provided an interesting dive and many creature sightings.

We were fortunate to see several seahorses on this trip, even locating one we were told about at Calabas dive site. One morning we visited the 18th Palm for our second dive and enjoyed an amazing bait ball experience. Another morning while diving at Something Special, a spotted eagle ray swam by as some of our group was ending the dive.

Here is a link to a video of dive highlights posted on youtube:

Our return flights were as smooth as the previous weeks however, everyone seemed less excited.
We had a wonderful time on Bonaire and hope to return in 2017.

Lovely video, thanks for sharing! Have you stayed at divi flamingo before, how do you like it?

Lovely video, thanks for sharing! Have you stayed at divi flamingo before, how do you like it?
and... which rooms did you stay in and how were they?

This was our 5th stay at Divi Flamingo and we feel right at home.
The resort has made several upgrades over the last two years.
The pool areas, dining area, and sunbathing are just a few improvements.
We stay in the ocean view rooms and they are comfortable.
The air conditioning has always worked well.
This year, the bathrooms had been remodeled and are very nice.
I think the group we travel with will stay there in 2017.

OH20D

If you don't mind--how much was the taxi from the Marriott to the International Terminal? We are staying there in a couple of weeks on the way to Bonaire. Last year we stayed there as well and just did the free way to the International... Should we be running late, I'm sure the taxi is faster! btw, the free way is train back to Domestic and free shuttle bus to International.

jimw,

I think we paid around 25 dollars with tip.
It seems a little on the high side, but we don't have much experience with taxi rates.
It was simple and quick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom