Lost GoPro - Reward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozdiver3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I lost my GoPro on Cedral Pass today around 1145-1205. It has a black with orange handle. I am offering a reward of found. Please email me at datsmob@yahoo.com.
I am sick about it - our 25th anniversary trip with some good footage. REWARD if returned

Thanks Rob

Hello, I lost my GoPro on Cedral Pass today around 1145-1205. It has a black with orange handle. I am offering a reward of found. Please email me at datsmob@yahoo.com.
I am sick about it - our 25th anniversary trip with some good footage. REWARD if returned

Thanks Rob
Do you have contact info on the camera? The first shot on every camera card I have is of my business card with my phone numbers and email address.

Wish I did. A great idea for future. Thanks

I don't guess it would be cost effective to advise all GoPro people to hire private DMs on every drive just to chase lost cameras. These things must be designed to break lose, part of the company sales model. Some like a lost camera to sink so the can find it on the floor if it's lost in shallow water, but I have my dive camera attached to a bright orange float strap with a strong wrist strap. It may end up in Cancun or beyond, but at least we'd have a chance looking for it on the surface.
Do you have contact info on the camera? The first shot on every camera card I have is of my business card with my phone numbers and email address.
Still the best idea. I like to have first frame a shot of my name, hotel, phone number, dates, and my personal email address; second shot of my name, city & state, phone number, and my personal email address; and Protect both. On occasion the floaters are found, and while "finders keepers" probably gets played often, on rare occasion they make headlines - depending on how long missing and how far traveled. Scuba diver's camera washes up three years after she lost it and 600 miles away - and it still works

There are several sites devoted to Lost/Stolen & Found cameras on the net.

Good idea to photograph your business card or information so it is the first picture on the camera. However, if the battery is dead, this won't help. I have been saying for years to get a pet tag engraved with your name, phone number, e-mail and secure it to your camera housing with a zip tie. I have one on my camera and my wrist computer.

Good idea to photograph your business card or information so it is the first picture on the camera. However, if the battery is dead, this won't help. I have been saying for years to get a pet tag engraved with your name, phone number, e-mail and secure it to your camera housing with a zip tie. I have one on my camera and my wrist computer.
Ok, so that's the best idea. Gordy's shot of a business card or personal info sheet is second. :)

......to get a pet tag engraved with your name,,,,,.
Very good advice that I've followed with all my equipment.

Just one small twist that diver's should do alternatively.........

Don't put your actual name on the tag because in a google search it will bring up hundreds of names that are exactly the same as your real name.

Instead, put your Scuba Board (or other board) posting name that your use. This board is searchable by google and will instantly bring your board name on the metal tag to the very top of the search results. Go ahead > try searching your board name and possibly include scuba on google now.....It will be the top of the list if it's unique like most are.

On my dog tags, I put .........

Johnoly
REWARD !!
Cell 407 *** ****

Costs just $5 at any local pet store with a vending machine auto engraver.

Good idea to photograph your business card or information so it is the first picture on the camera. However, if the battery is dead, this won't help.
A dead battery will not erase the contents of the card.

"A dead battery will not erase the contents of the card".
While that's true gunn, you can't turn on the camera if the battery is dead and if you don't have an adapter for the microcars, you can't retrieve the information. Make it easy on the person who finds your camera and get it back sooner.

"A dead battery will not erase the contents of the card".
While that's true gunn, you can't turn on the camera if the battery is dead and if you don't have an adapter for the microcars, you can't retrieve the information. Make it easy on the person who finds your camera and get it back sooner.
Nowhere did I say not to tag your camera; the two ideas are not mutually exclusive. I'm not going to be drawn into a "my idea is better than yours" argument.

My wife's camera had a "this camera belongs to" shot as the first picture on the card and a couple of years ago she lost the camera on the deep part of Colombia Reef. A couple of weeks later we got it delivered by FedEx from a guy who looked at the photos and contacted us.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom