Hip Pocket for BP/W to store long hose behind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the consistency between dives ...

What could be more consistent than just tucking it behind the belt every time, no matter what you have on your belt?

Other than being "weighted" and more expensive, what are the differences between this Halcyon pocket and the Dive Rite bellows pocket I noted above?

The H pocket can hold up to 5 pounds of weight in addition to a large storage area, and so lets you balance out any weight you are carrying on the other side in the event you have a H weight pocket there (the H pocket would replace the weight pocket), Also, it has a tab that attaches to their "cinch" system, which holds the pocket in place while allowing the waist strap to run freely through the loop on the back of the pocket, and so preserves adjust-ability of the harness straps. In sum, it is designed to integrate into Halcyon's harness/cinch/weight pocket system. That, plus the "H" tax, makes it more expensive, but also a better choice if you are using the H system.

What could be more consistent than just tucking it behind the belt every time, no matter what you have on your belt?

You're saying the canister light doesn't interfere? I suppose I have never tried, but I assumed it would interfere.

Anyway, I'm into the GUE Kool-Aid, and I've gotten the impression that if a canister is on my waist, they expect me to tuck it under the canister.

You're saying the canister light doesn't interfere? I suppose I have never tried, but I assumed it would interfere..

I'm saying I don't know if it would or not. But, I don't think it would. I don't see why it would. The only way I could see that it might is if the hose loop stuck down far enough below the canister to catch on it when you try to pull it out. And I KNOW that that would not happen to me. My 7' hose barely has enough slack to reach down into my waist belt at all.

I don't have a can light, so I really can't say. And I don't see myself doing dives any time in the foreseeable future that would be long enough to need a can light, so I don't reckon I'll probably be finding out, either. Good handheld lights are bright enough for what I'm doing and last long enough on a charge, too. And are cheap. :D

Weighted Bellows™ Pocket - Halcyon Dive Systems. I haven't been in the water with it yet, but it looks like it will be perfect for warm-water trips where I don't usually bring a canister light.

I have this pocket for wetsuit diving (my drysuit has thigh pockets) and I like it a lot. It is huge (almost too big, really) but stays close to my body without sagging. I also generally put a two or three pound weight in its inner zipper pocket with another one on the left side of my harness strap to balance out.

Weighted Bellows™ Pocket - Halcyon Dive Systems. I haven't been in the water with it yet, but it looks like it will be perfect for warm-water trips where I don't usually bring a canister light.

I do and it is really good - but expensive. Large storage area even when you put weights inside. It has a very small zippered pocket on top of the velcro opening that is perfect for small items (it has 2 bungee loop inside this secondary pocket too). The main pocket has bungee loop also.

There are some cheaper imitation from the far east market (I'm from Europe), but they miss the clever serrated triglide that allows the H one to attach using short 2" webbing. Those imitation can slide over the webbing harness, but you need to invent something to keep it attached to the BP.

Generally speaking velcro pocket opening is preferable .to zippered opening because allows easier manipulation even with thick gloves.

Well, just one more reason to look forward to the Bahamas on the Aggressor boat in September!

I've been using the 7' hose for years. Recently I decided to switch to the 5' hose. I now prefer it because the routing is under my arm, rather than having to tuck it under my waist strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom