OrcaTorch D510 portable diving flashlight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrcaTorch

Contributor
Reaction score
We all have a different opinions on what makes a suitable dive light, and we all have different uses for them.

If you’re looking for a diving flashlight that is good value for money, OrcaTorch D510 portable diving flashlight is highly recommended.

Portable%20diving%20flashlight%20OrcaTorch%20D510%20-1_zpsycfg4mta.jpg

Using USA CREE XM-L2(U2) LED, OrcaTorch D510 dive light can reach 900 lumens output. And powered by three C batteries (input voltage range 3-4.5v) , its runtime can be over 4 hours. It keeps a great balance between high output and long runtime. Then the mechanically head rotary switch design for technical diving use offers high reliability underwater. The dive flashlight could be turned on by just tightening the light head after equipped with batteries.

Portable%20diving%20flashlight%20OrcaTorch%20D510%20-2_zpsfhwebt4f.jpg

OrcaTorch D510 has robust water pressure resistant construction and waterproof depth rated to 150 meters. Toughened 4mm-thick glass lens could resist high water pressure under deep water. Premium Type III military hard-anodized seawater-corrosion-resistance finish and aircraft-grade high strength aluminum material ensure the good quality and durability.

Portable%20diving%20flashlight%20OrcaTorch%20D510%20-3_zpsvshpjgvy.jpg

The simple style appearance, 209mm body length and 313 gram weight (excluding batteries) make D510 small and light-weight to be easily carried on every dive. Moreover, matched standard arm strap could be used to fasten the dive light D510 to your arm , which provide flexible operation underwater.

Portable%20diving%20flashlight%20OrcaTorch%20D510%20-4_zpsybqvy3ji.jpg

We believe OrcaTorch D510 will be a reliable lighting tool for your diving.

More details about OrcaTorch D510

ORCATORCH D510-mechanically head rotary switch dive light

Personally, I hate having a light that long mounted on the back of my hand.

The DGX 600 is the same LED emitter and also twist-to-turn-on. But, it only take 1 18650 cell, so it's much shorter and very comfortable on the back of my hand. And it's half the price of this D510.

The Xtar D26 is also the same LED emitter. It also only takes 1 battery, but it's a 26650 cell, so it lasts even longer. And the D26 has a very nice push button on/off (which you can lock to prevent accidental on or off), so you can turn it on or off with only one hand. And it has multiple intensities, so you can run it on something other than max brightness, which is nice for a couple of reasons including lasting even longer on one battery. And the D26 is also way less expensive than this D510.

I have both the DGX 600 and the Xtar D26 and they both easily last long enough on a charge to outlast any single tank dive that I've ever done. Note that that is based on using a 3400mAh 18650 in the DGX light. I have Sanyo 18650 batteries that I tested with my Opus charger/tester and they do actually test between 3300 and 3400. My 26650 batteries for the Xtar are Soshine brand and test at 5100-5300mAh.

Both these lights also have a very nice, tight beam angle that cuts through murk very well.

Hi Stuartv,thank you for your comment,but I don't think this is a good comparison.

For DGX 600,you can compare it with OrcaTorch D520(D520 Every diver deserves one). Both use 1*18650 battery,and head rotary switch.But D520 is much smaller and more powerful.Our amazon dealer's retail price is $59.95.

For Xtar D26,you can compare it with OrcaTorch D500+(OrcaTorch D500+--Brighten Your Adventure Underwater ). Compared with D26,OrcaTorch D500+ provides more simple and easy operation underwater (I don't know if the problem described in this thread has happened to you: Xtar D26 switch issues). For this light, our amazon dealer's retail price is $79.95.

Last edited:
I was comparing lights that have a single Cree XM-L2 LED emitter. I think it's a fine comparison, no matter what battery you put behind it.

As for the D520 being "much smaller and more powerful" than a DGX 600, well, it uses a bin U3 LED compared to the DGX light's bin U2. The U3 is spec'ed to be slightly brighter (~50 lumens at 2A current). But, with the 12 degree beam angle of the D520 compared to the 8 degree beam angle of the DGX 600, I would bet you a dollar that the DGX light is actually brighter simply because it doesn't spread its light out over as broad an area. They both use 1 x 18650 battery, so they aren't going to be that much different in size. The specs say the 520 is the same length and the head is 10mm smaller in diameter. I would not, personally, describe that as "much" smaller. And the DGX light is $10 less and comes with a battery and charger.

And comparing the Xtar D26 to your D500, well... How does the D500 provide more simple and easy operation? They both have a simple on/off button to press. But the Xtar light button can be twisted to lock it, so you can't accidentally turn it on or off. I have another light that doesn't have any way to lock the on/off and it gets turned on by accident just about every time I dive with it. Plus, the Xtar light uses a 26650 battery, so it can last much longer versus the 18650 in the D500. And the Xtar light has an LED to indicate the status of the battery charge. And the Xtar light is less than $60.

I had not heard about the D26 switch issue. I have only had mine to a depth of 75' and I did not have any trouble turning it on and off. But, thanks for linking to that thread. I am glad to know that there is a simple, free way to fix it, if I do run into this problem. Removing the O-ring from the magnetic switch cap is simple enough.

There are a lot of lights with a single Cree XM-L2 LED,as I mentioned,OrcaTorch D520,D500+ as well as D510 in this post are both using this LED.That's why I don't think this is a good comparison.
For D520,not the narrower beam angle the better. 5-15° are all ok and depend on the diver’s perference.
For underwater photograph,120° as D500V+ is preferred.
The beam angle only has influence to the central intensity of the light instead of output by lumens.
How do you tell DGX600 with 600 lumens and 8° is brighter than D520 with 1000 lumens and 12° if you never use D520?

And the color temperature of them are different too. Compared with DGX600’s cool white LED, D520 color temperature is 5000K netural white which provides better color rendition.This feature is liked by a lot of experienced divers even though it will be looked less bright than same output cool white LED.

BTW I don’t know if Xtar D26 is better than D500+ considering D26 switch issues mentioned by divers . But I checked the price, it is $99. $20 more expensive than D500+.

The design concept for our D510 dive light is safe, but D500 is simple and easy operation.
We develop different kind of models to meet different need.
Wherever you buy OrcaTorch, we provide 30 days free replacement
and 12 months free repair (if problems develop with normal use) and limited lifetime warranty.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom