Suggestions for color correcting with Light Room and Premiere?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kat.hayes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I use a GoPro Hero 4 for photos and videos primarily in a pool, but also for snorkeling and SCUBA. I'm planning to get a Fantsea underwater housing for my Sony RX100 IV to also use primarily in a pool, though also for snorkeling and SCUBA. I shoot RAW with the Sony. I already subscribe to Adobe CC and use Lightroom and Premiere for video, though I am definitely not a photographer.

1. Can anyone recommend some Lightroom presets for color correcting underwater pool or ocean video?
2. Can anyone recommend some settings for Premiere for color correcting underwater pool or ocean video?

I do not have a good eye for doing this type of thing and if I have a starting point I could make fine adjustments to exposure, etc. after.

Thanks!

There should not be any presets for color correction in LR because every shot is different. the white balance (or "dis-balance", to be precise) depends on the depth, sunlight, your flash etc etc. So unless the "auto" white balance works for you, there are no automatic options. The easiest way to correct WB in LR is to click on the pipette icon and then click on something you believe is neutral grey in your image. Otherwise, use the histogram to correct WB manually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom