G250 cracking pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[
I wish someone had told me to press the purge before I turned the adjustment!!

I'm pretty sure your Reg Savvy book covered that. I suggest you slow down. With no tank and no IP guage, there was no good reason to make that adjustment.

I wish someone had told me to press the purge before I turned the adjustment!!
Oh well...I don't have a time machine so I'm kind of stuck with any damage that I did! :)

That's why I asked what model yours was, the HP has a plastic orifice and they don't tend to cut into the seat as much. But, don't worry about it, you only turned it 1/4 turn and because it was free flowing, there's likely very little pressure on the seat anyway. Worst case, you need a new seat, which you might have needed anyway, and they're not expensive.

You really can't do anything without a tank and an IP gauge, so it's better to leave it alone until you get those things.

I h/n had a chance to read the book yet.
I may p/u some more tools today. I'm found some tanks (2 HP 120s) that I hope to p/u in the next few days. I actually have a service kit for the reg, too.
Thanks

Really, no worries about not pressing the purge.
It's one of the things that's a good idea but with such a light spring pressure on balanced 2nd stages like the G250 you're not going to cut anything.

I just thought that I'd do a quick post to let everyone know that I've been too busy to have the reg checked. I WILL do it in the next day or so as I want to do an upcoming dive.
Thanks!!

Well, the adjustment helped but d/n cure the problem. I guess it's time to take it to the shop...going to miss the U-853 dive. :-(
Thanks everyone for your help!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom