Who's going in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@cvchief, @DandyDon, and others. Looks like our dates overlap. Hoping to put together an El Pique night or two. Will sort out when we get down there.

@cvchief, @DandyDon, and others. Looks like our dates overlap. Hoping to put together an El Pique night or two. Will sort out when we get down there.
I was hoping to dive with Chief some, but as it worked out - we won't even be in the airport at the same time. No way I could keep up with your diving, but if El Pique involves food, I think I am up to it.

I was hoping to dive with Chief some, but as it worked out - we won't even be in the airport at the same time. No way I could keep up with your diving, but if El Pique involves food, I think I am up to it.

Lots of food,.err delicious tacos. I'm sure we can grab @cvchief, it usually doesn't take much arm twisting. Don, If i remember correctly your birthday is also in August around same time as mine. I'm August 17th.

I'll be with Aldora as usual but I've been itching to try Tres Pelicanos so maybe I'll jump on with them a day or two if they have room on their boats.

Lots of food,.err delicious tacos. I'm sure we can grab @cvchief, it usually doesn't take much arm twisting. Don, If i remember correctly your birthday is also in August around same time as mine. I'm August 17th.

I'll be with Aldora as usual but I've been itching to try Tres Pelicanos so maybe I'll jump on with them a day or two if they have room on their boats.
Chief leaves on the 17th, same day I arrive, so you'll have to meet up with him separately from me. Mine's the 22nd, yeah. Tres Pelicans is a great outfit, but you may find our diving pales compared to what you usually do.

kss1dvr......Aug 24 through Sept 3......Hotel Cozumel......Living Underwater

Member ....................... Dates .................. Staying ....................... Dive OP

Julie M......................... July 30-Aug 27.... Palmar Condos........ Advanced Divers
Bethie.......................... Aug 4-11.............. Scuba Club....................?
Comollusk ...................Aug 6-14 ..............Hotel Cozumel.......... Deep Blue
CVChief ...................... Aug 6-17.............. Casa De Jefe ............Scuba w/Alison
BamaDiver23.............. Aug 13-20............ ? ...............................?
Macado....................... Aug 13-21 .............Suites Bahia............. Aldora
conman........................Aug 15-18 ............Fiesta Americana.......Dive House
mobeachlovers ...........Aug 16-24 .............Hotel Cozumel.......... Tres Pelicanos
DandyDon...................Aug 17-24............. Suites Colonial...........Tres Pelicanos
handglider.................. Aug 18-26............. Iberostar ....................Dressel
Krbailey.......................Aug 19-28 .............Blue Angel .................Blue Angel
David McGlamery.......Aug 20-27............. Hotel Cozumel............ ?
Mitch H.......................Aug 22-29............. Allegro........................ ProDive Mexico
kss1dvr.......................Aug 24-Sept 3.......Hotel Cozumel............Living Underwater
diverokc......................Aug 27-Sept 12..... ? .................................?

Last edited:
DandyDon...................Aug 17-24............. Suites Colonial Dive w Alison/Tres Pelicanos
I've been meaning to mention: I won't be able to dive with Alison, but will happily dive with Tres Pelicanos entirely. I am hoping to do a 2 tank morning trip plus a 2 tank twilight/night trip one day - preferably Saturday or Sunday, then take one day off from diving the next day - rent a car and tour the island. I'll need to work that out with other willing divers of course, but the operator said they're not expecting to be busy that week and is happy to cooperate.

I've been meaning to mention: I won't be able to dive with Alison, but will happily dive with Tres Pelicanos entirely. I am hoping to do a 2 tank morning trip plus a 2 tank twilight/night trip one day - preferably Saturday or Sunday, then take one day off from diving the next day - rent a car and tour the island. I'll need to work that out with other willing divers of course, but the operator said they're not expecting to be busy that week and is happy to cooperate.
We are there almost the exact same dates and diving with the same op it looks like. We have our referral booked and will plan a few more dives after we get there...hoping to do some afternoon shallow dives ..really want to go to Columbia Shallows...but we are new so everything will be an adventure :D

We are there almost the exact same dates and diving with the same op it looks like. We have our referral booked and will plan a few more dives after we get there...hoping to do some afternoon shallow dives ..really want to go to Columbia Shallows...but we are new so everything will be an adventure :D
I looked over your recent posts. So there are two of you, doing your OW dives - 2 days. Do take that a step further and hire a private DM for the first trip after certifying.

You both have DAN dive insurance, right? Essential!

Oh yeah, I want to do a baby turtle release one night. :)

Then, you'd rather dive afternoons, so I guess our trips won't overlap. I strongly prefer morning trips. We might run into each other at the shop, but they're picking y'all up at Hot-Coz, so not so likely. And I saw that you want to do a day trip across the channel and down the coast. All in all we seem to have somewhat similar trips on the same island with the same Op, but totally different. Well, if you see an old coot that resembles me, say howdy.

Last edited:
Got a kitchen pass for the weekend. If I can get a seat on the afternoon flight after work tomorrow to Cancun, my wife said I can go play for the weekend. I plan to do the bag drag tomorrow evening and dive Sunday and Monday with Tres Pelicanos, if I can make it out of town. Will have to come home on Tuesday the 2nd to make it back to work on Wednesday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom