How a Dry Suit Undergarment should fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mainedvr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought an undergarment Warmtec Waterproof 200g. I tried it on when it arrived and while its not too tight it is definitly snug. I can reach back towards my back and reach between my shoulder blades here a little resistence but can get there, can sqat down again slight resistence and twisting not a big deal. While my gut definitly can use some trimming :eek: down it is snug but not highly uncomfortable due to the waste elastic. Anyhow as my heading states how should an undergarment fit should it be less snug or feel like its tailored. I am also thinking it may relax some with use.

Thanks

Can you reach you valves with it on in your dry suit? (assuming you could before...:))

+1, and I would add that when testing this, it's important to fully inflate the suit while standing waist-deep with dump valve closed at the beginning of the dive to let gas into the top of the suit, and then lay flat and stretch and wiggle a little in the water to allow things to shift around, it made a big difference for me in allowing me to reach my valves.

Undergarments intended to provide warmth should not be tight. The exception would be for the base layer. I sometimes use UnderArmor compression fit cold gear, which still lets me move my arms freely.

The undergarment is a piece of clothing. It should not restrict movement (same applies to your drysuit).
If you can reach and operate valves then everything is "good" but it could be "better".

I would say 'snug' not baggy and not firm. You need free movement, but do not want 'bulk' when putting the Dry Suit on or areas that will hold to much air or cause squeeze.

Hi. This is Kathy with DUI. I saw your thread. How things should 'fit' is an interesting topic. We often use the example of people and jeans. People wear them from very, very tight to very, very loose.

For safety, whatever you wear should not interfere with movement example: reaching your valves.

Extra bulk in your drysuit undergarment means extra loft which could mean extra lead to carry.

Does it work for you and how you like things to fit?

Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom