Zika

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG katzgar, do you really never hear yourself? :rolleyes:

why do you want to put repellent on frogs if it kills them? seems cruel.

Are you trying for funny or is it simply that English is not your first language? Serious question.

I thought it was funny.

katzgar, I study frogs. Insect repellent is readily absorbed through their skin and is lethal to them in even low concentrations. I've been doing this in the tropics now for 12 years with no major problems.

The "this" is ambiguous.

Sorry... what I meant was, due to the restriction on using insect repellent when handling frogs, I have been working in tropical forests now for 12 years without wearing insect repellent. Going back to the OP, outside of the dangers to pregnant (or soon to become) women, the health risks of Zika are pretty small.

I'm able to read for context. Not so sure about some others.

"This" was not ambiguous, in that Ryan had explained he never wears repellent and that's because he studies frogs and repellent kills them. "This" is that he never wears repellent.

Frankly, I don't find that funny. I find it horrifying to contemplate. :wink:

katzgar, I study frogs. Insect repellent is readily absorbed through their skin and is lethal to them in even low concentrations. I've been doing this in the tropics now for 12 years with no major problems.

zika carriers cant donate blood, but the frog thing is certainly a serious issue.

Katzgar, how do they blood takers know who is or is not a Zika carrier? Or do you mean it from the perspective of, for example, people who've been in areas where malaria is present aren't to give blood?

(Frogs aren't a problem for you. Keep your mitts off them. Leave the frog handling to guys like Ryan who know what they're doing)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom