Anyone ever do Epcot Dive Quest??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is expensive for a dive but they let you out into Epcot when your done. You get the tour, dive and entry into the park for that price. Much cheaper than Atlanta even though the whale sharks there are cool.

I did that dive with my daughter for her spring break. Very fun, they treat you great, and they let you free swim after a quick lap around the lap. The free swim part was awesome. You don't have to play follow-the-leader so you can swim where you want or just chill in a spot to watch whatever swims by. As others have mentioned interacting with the other guests through the glass was cool. I'd love to get a copy of all the pictures people took of me with their kids, lol.

Thanks so much guys! I appreciate the advice and feedback! Went ahead and booked it for Aug 6th. Can't wait!

I agree with all that's been said. A bit pricey, but well worth it.

One caveat, however - if you have a non-diver with you they will have to buy a ticket to get into the park and the restaurant where they can watch you dive in the tank.

My son and I did the dive, but I had to pay for my wife and son's girlfriend to get in to watch us.

Plus 1 on kneeling on the bottom and letting the sand tiger sharks buzz by you.

The sandy likes to follow its route. If you see it is coming up behind you, you can just go up a couple feet and it will slide right under you,

We've done it 3 times so far. Fun 'extra' to do while in the Park, just like the other "behind the scenes" tours that they offer, many for similar prices as I recall. I'll echo all of the above - being "on stage" and interacting with the other guests is a hoot. Our thru-the-window game with kids is Rock-scissors-paper. Learn to blow bubble rings and blow some minds.

If your non-diving friends/family want to eat in the restaurant, make sure they tell the person taking the reservation that you'll be in the tank, and they'll try to get you a window seat at the right time. Timing wise, figure on being in the water right about an hour after your tour starts.

The video has a lot of stock footage in it, but they make every effort to get every diver into the custom segments. Check YouTube for a lot of examples to decide if you want it or not. If your friends/family want to try and take pics with you in the tank, tell them to practice before hand, and learn how to turn off flash, etc.

Late to this thread, but do you put this dive in your log book?

It is your log book. I put any dive that is significant to me in my log book. This was significant to me as this was something my wife wanted to do and was special for her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom