Another flying after diving Q

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, you guys are completely right, the surface will obviously have the greatest gradient for off-gassing.

However, I have found that even on air dives (I usually dive 32% for rec diving), I feel SUBSTANTIALLY better after a slooooow ascent dive than when I follow the normal ascent rates. I suspect that this is due to the increased ambient pressure reducing the size of the micro bubbles leading to perhaps a slower overall off-gassing but a (for me ) more efficient off-gas.

I guess my criteria for efficiency includes how much post dive fatigue etc etc I have and is not a pure time factor, should have made that a bit clearer.

Last edited:
I know recommendation is 12 hrs after a dive a non deco dive. I am doing a dive less than 20' and need to fly 8 hrs after is that enough time? What is the Navy divers table?

Hi.

I did a dive to less than 20 feet a week and a half ago and flew about 7.5 hours later. My watch by default displayed a No Fly of 12 hours but I did some preliminary homework with some tables (while keeping in mind pressure of plane at 8K feet) which confirmed it would be okay. I ended up diving slightly longer. I was fine...I had a small dot of rash show up after the flight but nothing alarming. How long of a dive are you talking?

30 min at most. I will dive a bit deeper the day before and use EAN and should off gas that before the 20' dive.

There was a question not too long ago that was similar to your question. I think the individual was planning more dives in the days prior to his flight, but was asking about a 15' dive the morning of the flight. Let me see if I can find it and I'll update this post.

NVM, you had asked that question. Another flying after diving Q

Also known as flying after an extended deco stop lol
I would just go regardless of the SI beforehand

Back
Top Bottom