MAKO Spearguns: Those Darn CAR KEYS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for the bolt cutter.. I'm not really sure if cutting it off the car will actually open the lock box.. possibly.. but if the crack head shows up with bolt cutters, it is probably easier to smash the window with the bolt cutters and grab what they can..

The ease of just smashing a window is why I would never leave anything of value inside a locked car. So, if I were going to buy a lockbox, I would have to be confident I could leave not just car keys but also money, credit cards, etc., securely in the lockbox. From your mention of it being large enough for the electronic fob key, it sounds like this lockbox may be too small for all those items.

You should franchise this to the car rental agencies on Bonaire...

Oh give it a rest. It's far easier to just leave valuables at home when diving Bonaire. And as Mako pointed out, breaking the glass is always an option in deserted sites.

Back
Top Bottom