Replacement Straps for Mares Avanti Quattro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob Phillips

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I busted a rubber post mounted heel strap on my Mares Avanti Quattro + fins, and I'd like to replace them with a quality set of metal spring straps.

I've found several replacement straps on various sites but I can't be sure which ones are actually compatible.
The outermost part of the plastic post used to mount the straps looks to have a diameter arounf 3/4 of an inch or roughly (19.05 mm)

Does anyone know for sure a brand of metal spring straps that are available and compatible with these?
Thanks!

quattro.jpg

I put a pair of XS Scuba spring straps on my Quattros. I did have to cut the little nub off each post though.

I put a pair of XS Scuba spring straps on my Quattros. I did have to cut the little nub off each post though.

I think I saw those straps I .... were they these?

Amazon.com : XS Scuba Universal Spring Fin Straps : Sports & Outdoors

Looks like the larger post mount adapter does have a little triangular nub that could be easily shaved off- is that what you did?

And how do you like the straps?

Thanks!

Yes, it's the "nub" that needs to be shaved off, some Mares have them some do not. If you use spring straps keep an eye on the posts as some will cut into them.

I never removed the nub because the metal clip cuts the nub pretty quickly and the resulting notch helps keep the spring straps in place instead of flopping about. At least it is so on my Mares Avanti Quattros or whatever they are.

My spring straps say Scubapro on them and have the plastic buckles. Next time I will just get plain ones I suppose.

N

Oops, redundant. Not sure what happened there.

N

Thanks for the replies! I replaced the rubber with highland spring straps - gonna dive them this afternoon for the first time. They seem to fit OK. We'll see once in the water. bringing my back up jets just in case :p

Cheers!

never got any problems with these rubber straps. MAybe I have a different pair of Avanti Quattro. 20 years old and good as new ones. replaced the original trap some 100 dives ago.

never got any problems with these rubber straps. MAybe I have a different pair of Avanti Quattro. 20 years old and good as new ones. replaced the original trap some 100 dives ago.

And I've heard that so many times - i've been on boats with guys with the same fins saying they've had them for 20+ years. It's one of the reasons I bought these fins aside from the fit - because I've heard so much about durability.
I had roughly 20-25 dives on them, and pop ... the rubber strap just snapped cleanly as I was pulling them on, on a boat. Thankfully someone loaned me a spare set for the dive.

I dove the replacement spring straps yesterday and they were fantastic. Felt even better than the rubber straps. So, alls well that ends well I suppose.

XS Scuba, Highland spring straps is what I used. Works great.

20160815_162833.jpg

I believe you, do not worry. I just wanted to share my own experience. and as I said, the model most likely has changed. Glad you are happy with the new set :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom