Diving Into The Unknown (2016) / "Takaisin Pintaan"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is it a true story/ real footage or a fiction ?

I just saw this movie and I'm kind of speechless!! its a 5/5 material and should not be missed.

i really wanted to know more about them before the accident....and .... what are they doing now? and for the most part, that narrating makes you feel as if you are doing the voice over ?? i belive, every diver would feel that

Last edited:
It's basically a documentary but much more real: documentaries usually start getting planned after the event is long over. In this film the accident is of course in the past (although they filmed a great deal that day too and much of this is also in the film), but the footage showing discussions of what they want to do in general, plan to do specifically and the actual implementation of everything is real, filmed as it occurred NOT staged after the fact. That is VERY different from your average documentary. This real-time stuff was as I recall the majority of the film, but that's as I recall, I did not time anything.

A great deal of time is also devoted to interviews with key persons, a bit of documentary about their lives filmed in real time and many explantations of this and that given by key persons to an interviewer or seemingly directly to the camera.

It was very well done, and didn't pull any punches.

It's basically a documentary but much more real: documentaries usually start getting planned after the event is long over. In this film the accident is of course in the past (although they filmed a great deal that day too and much of this is also in the film), but the footage showing discussions of what they want to do in general, plan to do specifically and the actual implementation of everything is real, filmed as it occurred NOT staged after the fact. That is VERY different from your average documentary. This real-time stuff was as I recall the majority of the film, but that's as I recall, I did not time anything..
The only comparable documentary I can remember was the one filmed by a couple of French guys in a firehouse in Manhattan some years ago....

Back
Top Bottom