Tawali and Port Moresby with Air Niugini where to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last night Air Niugini changed their flights in and out of Cairns that I had booked with them since May. The flights were to go straight through on the same day from Cairns to Port Moresby to Alotau. Now we have to overnight each way and lose a whole day at Tawali and pay for one night hotel in Port Moresby each direction. Lost vacation time and additional cost. Plus all the other changes I have to make for transfers and other hotel arrangements. Frustrating to say the least. UGH!! At least I do not have to change our overseas flights ( that is a huge relief).

Where is the best and safest place to stay overnight in Port Moresby? As Americans we really stick out in the crowd but try not to. We get there around 1pm and leave in the morning on the first leg. Then coming back we arrive around 2pm and leave the next morning.

Airways Hotel

I know it isn't cheap, but given the safety situation in Port Moresby, it's widely considered the best option by expats/regular travellers to PNG. Even though it's within walking distance of the airport, do not walk it. They offer a free transfer shuttle - make use of it :) I stay there whenever I'm in Moresby.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom