divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just completed my DM in Fiji and there was someone from this program at the shop as well, she personally loved her experience and I'm sure would recommend it.
However she was there for much longer than I was and (i think) paid quite a bit more for the same qualification when I just went straight through the shop. They also place you in a "compatible" shop somewhere in fiji based on your personality/abilities for the divemaster portion, you have no say in which shop you eventually go to once you're off the marine conservation base and your # of dives and quality of dives is very dependant on that. I would personally see what you can find by just emailing shops unless you were extremely interested in doing the marine conservation portion (which sounds super cool!)

I just completed my DM in Fiji and there was someone from this program at the shop as well, she personally loved her experience and I'm sure would recommend it.
However she was there for much longer than I was and (i think) paid quite a bit more for the same qualification when I just went straight through the shop. They also place you in a "compatible" shop somewhere in fiji based on your personality/abilities for the divemaster portion, you have no say in which shop you eventually go to once you're off the marine conservation base and your # of dives and quality of dives is very dependant on that. I would personally see what you can find by just emailing shops unless you were extremely interested in doing the marine conservation portion (which sounds super cool!)

Hi sharkbite,

I'm doing research on options to pursue my DMT. I would love to go to fiji but there doesn't seem to be lots of people deeming it as one of the popular destinations for DMT. Could you kindly provide more information regarding your experience there? In terms of the overall training process, atmosphere, dive sites, length and price etc.? Many thanks!

Regards

Back
Top Bottom