Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe the software attempted to kill my mac. As soon as I installed DM5 things slowed down incredibly. I reset the computer hoping things would improve, and that was it! The error I received on Mac 10.10.5 was "Incorrect Block Count For File ..." The Mac Disk Recovery option found that the drive to be unrepairable and suggested I recover my computer from a backup. Fortunately, I was able to repair the volume using the FSCK command from terminal. Still - totally not cool! Amazing coincidence or DM5 is a Mac assassin?!?

I believe the software attempted to kill my mac. As soon as I installed DM5 things slowed down incredibly. I reset the computer hoping things would improve, and that was it! The error I received on Mac 10.10.5 was "Incorrect Block Count For File ..." The Mac Disk Recovery option found that the drive to be unrepairable and suggested I recover my computer from a backup. Fortunately, I was able to repair the volume using the FSCK command from terminal. Still - totally not cool! Amazing coincidence or DM5 is a Mac assassin?!?

It crashed my Windows computer too. I also had to spend a day recovering and restoring my computer. As a prior post said, move DM5 to the waste basket and use something else. I am now using Subsurface and it works great. I really like my Cobra3 but am shocked, as I said in my prior post, that Suunto has a bunch of idiots in the DM5 department. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

For the record I have DM5 on both my Mac and my Windows machine. No problems whatso ever. While I download my computer to DM5 really for backup I use Mac Dive as my logging program as it's easier to sort and input data

i'm also a MAC user and i'm unable to connect my brand new D4I NOVO. i'm using OS X El Capitan version 10.11.5 and i'm using the latest version of DM5. however the system unable to detact my DiveCom. any solution for this... thanks

i'm also a MAC user and i'm unable to connect my brand new D4I NOVO. i'm using OS X El Capitan version 10.11.5 and i'm using the latest version of DM5. however the system unable to detact my DiveCom. any solution for this... thanks
Try these?Connect in this order;
1. Suunto download cable to the Mac via USB.
2. Suunto cable to D4i and wake the D4i.
3.Launch DM5.

If this doesn't work repeat but using a different USB port on your Mac

D6, 10.10.5 Mac
I finally got it to work after following "my diving life's" instruction.

You need to download FTDIUSBSerialDriver to let the USB port know that it is downloading data.

Then restart your computer.

AArrrggghhh!

Last edited:
Now I just have to figure out why some dive data was not uploaded. My computer was low on battery, but not dead. After a battery change, the data is on the D6 but it does not load into the DM5 data on my Mac computer. It skips a dive. Any ideas?

Lindy

Why is the USB download so freaking......slow......? [DM5].
The infrared on my UWATEC can download a dive in a couple seconds. The exact same dive on my wife's Vyper takes a couple minutes, AND is unreliable. This is a HARD connection.

She just had to try 4x to get it to work. It would tediously go through the motions, then fail. So finally getting it on the PC took like 15 minutes and a bunch of fussing around.
Yeah, yeah, contacts are clean and cable is snicked on well.
I suspect the USB driver is pretty awful.There was a suspicious [warning sign] in the [Device Manager] right next to the Suunto USB notice. Tried uninstalling that which didn't seem to help.

Does USB 3.0 make any difference? Will it even work?

Hi,
I'm trying to download my last 4 dives to my PC using Suunto DM5 and its will connect and sync and it show 5% 30%, 75%... Finished but no dives.

I look on the dive computer and my dives are there. The only the only thing different is I changed the battery about 4 dives ago? The computer works fine, but can't download. Its the Suunto Vyper without the transmitter so the grey one.

I just tried Subsurface and its the same behavior. All my last 4 dives after I changed the battery are not being downloaded.

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and just bought myself and my buddies Suunto Zoops with the PC cable. I would like to find out if there is a way to store different profiles on the DM5 application this is something that was big with our old school aladin's that we could keep our profiles as seperate. Please let me know as this would be an awesome feature to have back

Back
Top Bottom