ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2017 Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok I will respond to your first post first...... yes there is plenty to see at 60' or less and there should be other young divers in the Invasion crew.

Second you need to Look on their page.... your are missing this
19% hotel taxes not included and subject to change in their price.

The ScubaBoards exclusive package is better than their price and the lowest anywhere. The SB package includes the 19% tax,event t-shirt, contest & prizes.
Just do the math.

Thanks and thanks!

Ok not to upset the apple cart here but I have to ask...when you go to Anthony's Key website and look at their package/promo rates, a Hill/Dock room is $1419 and includes all the same amenities (meals, second diver free, 3 dives/day, etc). The "special" SB rate is $240 more. Same for the other rooms. Am I missing something? Shouldn't we be paying less for bringing a big group?

My wife asked me the same thing (LOL)... it took me a few minutes of back and forth reading to see the 19%...

Cardzard,

First off thank you for putting together the trip… it looks like it’ll be a great getaway for my wife and I. That being said, I did some reflection and thought I should ask some questions before we formally commit. First off, about us, we’re both PADI OW certified (I may be AOW by the time of the trip, but I doubt my wife will be) and we’ll have about 25-40 dives each by the time the trip rolls around.

Pretty much I’m wondering…

Would there be other dives with similar experience and certifications on the trip (besides member’s children)?

I know we’d be have to sit out on the night dives (assuming no AOW training), but does AKR bend the 60’ rule to allow us to dive sites that may take us slightly deeper, say 75’?

Would the lack of Nitrox certification hold us back, I know it’s not included, but in your opinion would most divers upgrade for the ability to dive more?

I appreciate your time, and I know the questions are highly subjective, so I’m just looking for your opinion based on past trips.

Again, thank you.

My responses are in red below

Cardzard,

First off thank you for putting together the trip… it looks like it’ll be a great getaway for my wife and I. That being said, I did some reflection and thought I should ask some questions before we formally commit. First off, about us, we’re both PADI OW certified (I may be AOW by the time of the trip, but I doubt my wife will be) and we’ll have about 25-40 dives each by the time the trip rolls around.

Pretty much I’m wondering…

Would there be other dives with similar experience and certifications on the trip (besides member’s children)?

YES
Divers are in groups of 10 with divers of similar experience and there will be a Divemaster from Anthony's Key in the water with EVERY Group regardless of their experience. That DM stay with your group for all dives.

I know we’d be have to sit out on the night dives (assuming no AOW training), but does AKR bend the 60’ rule to allow us to dive sites that may take us slightly deeper, say 75’?

You will not have to sit out the night dives unless you choose to. There will not be Scuba Police watching your depth. However the DM will be watching everyone in the group and diver safety is paramount. Remember typical viz is around 100' in Roatan.

Would the lack of Nitrox certification hold us back, I know it’s not included, but in your opinion would most divers upgrade for the ability to dive more?

Many crew members will be diving air all week and if you are not Nitrox certified that is not an option. There is a chance NASE will allow us to offer crew members free Nitrox course and Certs during the week but that has not be decided yet. Not diving Nitrox will not hold you back.

I appreciate your time, and I know the questions are highly subjective, so I’m just looking for your opinion based on past trips.

Again, thank you.

If you have any other question please do not hesitate to ask.

I hope you make it Wiz. We will get to meet the Wiz Clan?

You are correct 100 Cu Ft tanks are AL and are not pro valve. So if you have a DIN reg you need an adapter.
Also while they do have some 100 CU FT tanks they do not have enough for everyone, and according to their website they will not fill them with Nitrox.
So when you sign up please let AL or Felix @ Bay Adventures know you want the larger size tank.

My daughter will just have graduated HS by the time the invasion happens so that's part of my issue booking this trip. So if I actually go it will most likely be just me once again.

I dislike diving with Yoke adapters, I guess I'll need to shop for a new Yoke first stage :wink:

Great time in 2014!!!
2014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom