Online purchases Ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tantell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi all, quick question..
On EBay here in Aus, there is an online seller from Italy called Cisub - I note there are a few threads from 5-6yrs ago saying they were alright. Has anyone bought from them recently? I.e. Are they legit and cool?

Cheers
Shaun

I'm from Italy and I buy approximately twice per year from them depending on the availability and price of the items I'm interested in. Last item was a scubapro alu BP one month ago.
Till now I did not need any interaction: just point and buy - sometimes they do no charge for inland shipping and I take also into account this before buying elsewhere...
I can say they are serious and quick enough.
Hoping this help.

hi all, quick question..
On EBay here in Aus, there is an online seller from Italy called Cisub - I note there are a few threads from 5-6yrs ago saying they were alright. Has anyone bought from them recently? I.e. Are they legit and cool?

Cheers
Shaun

I'll jump in here. I bought an Oceanic OCi with Transmitter from them about two weeks ago. It was $200 less than the next cheapest (retail price). I worried so much about it, but they shipped UPS Worldwide Express, shipped in Monday, had in hand on Wednesday (USA). They even asked before shipping if I wanted them to lower the cost on the customs docs so the fees would be lower (I didn't have to pay anything).

Bottom line, they're a good company and I highly recommend them.

there is really no need to worry when buying from ebay. Several (many?) years ago ebay adopted the attitude that buyers where king, sellers may be slime. As a buyer, ebay guarantees your happiness or your money back.

eBay Money Back Guarantee | eBay

I have used this more than once. First time was a seller issue (non delivery) - I got my money back. A few months ago ebay's Global Shipping Program partner (Pitney Bowes) screwed up when repacking an item and it was damaged between PB and me. I got my money back, the seller got to keep their money.

I have bought close to 500 items from eBay. 98% have been excellent purchases . just make sure you read return policy, shipping policy and I ALWAYS look at the sellers rating's... If below 98% I won't buy from them...just my policy.

I have LSO bought scuba gear and not once have I ever had a problem with it.

Pay attention to shipping costs as some sellers will charge less for the product and FAR more to ship.
+1 for checking feedback. This is the seller's rep.
All correspondence and payment must be initiated through eBay for your protection.
Beware of E-mail offers as I have been sent fake eBay adds in the past.
Do not use email links to eBay as they can be fake.
That said, I purchase used for huge savings whenever practical.
Eg. For $375.00 shipped, I won my atx 200 reg. set with a AL LX Octo and basic nitrox comp. In a console in perfect condition.
Not my best purchase, but one everyone here can appreciate.
You should expect good pic's and discription or at least a complete reply to any questions left by an incomplete add.

Thanks guys, I've bought quite a few thing s on eBay and only had fraud once which was refunded. I only buy fairly inexpensive items however but diving gear seems to never be in that category!
Good to hear that they are a good operator.
S

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom