Adaptive diver instructor courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freename

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is probably a stupid question (when coming from me, most questions are), but I'm hoping that someone here might be able to provide me with a little insight.

Through scuba board, I became aware of the Diveheart program. Recently, another dive instructor mentioned her experience with an organization called Disabled Divers International. Just now, looking at the list of agencies in this thread, I see also HSA... and I'm betting that there are other organizations I'm not aware of.

My question is this: what is the difference between these organizations? I'm anticipating that this question is much like the "Which is better - PADI/NAUI/etc" question, but if one were considering getting training as an adaptive diver instructor... how should they go about choosing the 'right' agency? Are there areas where one agency may outshine the others, or are they generally similar?

Thanks!

Diveheart has the highest standards of any of them. I'll let @DiveHeart fill us in, but you actually have to have in-water experience with other instructors before you get to be a Diveheart instructor. No other agency requires or even suggests that

No doubt about it: that was the hardest Instructor Rating I have ever earned.

I did the Diveheart Adaptive buddy training. Just like NetDoc's experience it was the toughest scuba training I have done. And it made me a better diver. I can't comment on other programs, but I only have positive things to say about DiveHeart.

I'm curious to know this answer too.

Diveheart and HSA will both train you to be a buddy but HSA has a DM level cert too.

My wife and I finished the HSA last month as divemaster/AI. There is classroom, pool, and open water. It is a very humbling experience and we learned a lot. I wish we had taken the class along time ago. Now to find opportunities to use what we learned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom