imagine finding this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's something I never hope to find.

I can't help wondering what it was like for the diver when it happened, of course. Many people might just freak out, thus endangering themselves. I hope I wouldn't be one of them, but wow, it's easy to imagine wanting to GET AWAY RIGHT NOW upon encountering something like that. It's far too late for the poor soul in the car, so I can only hope the diver is okay.

Is this in the Welland Scuba Park? Or is it in a different section?

The article said the Leisure Canal , I am not familiar with that area so perhaps thats the same as the Scuba Park?

The article said the Leisure Canal , I am not familiar with that area so perhaps thats the same as the Scuba Park?
According to this article about the incident, it was off of Canal Bank Street. That looks like it could be two different locations, and one of those is the Welland Scuba park, and the other doesn't seem like you can scuba dive in.

1: Google Maps

2: Google Maps

The diver that found the body got wind of a possible location of it as he was a recently retired police diver. Pretty cool guy by any personal accounts I have heard.

The spot is easy enough to get to it looks like but I have never tried, I have gone as far as the swing bridge there above ontario.

Back
Top Bottom