TX1 Dive Computer - any reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

image.jpeg
TX1 looks good for the money in my opinion. However, the watch sized screen would be a deal breaker for me.
The screen is bigger than a watch.

View attachment 377571
The screen is bigger than a watch.

Yeah, it's a whopper. The size is why I crossed the TX1 off my list when I was shopping for my first computer. I bought an Atom 3.0 and love it. It is watch-sized, but I have gauge reader lenses in my masks and the size is not an issue at all.

Yeah, it's a whopper. The size is why I crossed the TX1 off my list when I was shopping for my first computer. I bought an Atom 3.0 and love it. It is watch-sized, but I have gauge reader lenses in my masks and the size is not an issue at all.
I love my Geo. I love my friend's Atom as well. But, I moved from Guam to Michigan and find the watch style does not fit as well when I wear a dry suit. The TX1 was reasonably priced with AI. But, like I said earlier, I would probably gone with the DG03 if I knew about it.

I love my Geo. I love my friend's Atom as well. But, I moved from Guam to Michigan and find the watch style does not fit as well when I wear a dry suit. The TX1 was reasonably priced with AI. But, like I said earlier, I would probably gone with the DG03 if I knew about it.

I took off the stock band from my Atom and put on one of these:

CountyComm - NITROX-17 A 17" Watch Band For Divers

It's plenty long enough to use with my dry suit. I actually trimmed a good little chunk off. And, this style band ensures that if I break one pin on the computer, it won't just fall off my wrist, like it could with the stock band.

I put the same kind of band on my other computer (a SeaBear H3), too.

I know bungee mounts are popular with people who say that the bungee ensures the computer stays snug on your arm even when your wetsuit compresses. Personally, I use these bands with wetsuits from 3 to 7mm and with my dry suit. I don't have any trouble getting them tight enough to stay in place even at depth. And they aren't "too" tight on the surface, either, when I do that. IOW, after using them for a while, I feel no motivation at all to have a computer with a bungee mount instead of a good wrist strap.

Why does Hollis no longer market the DG03?

it is discontinued, DGX has basically all of the remaining inventory. They also just sold their computer mfg division to Aqualung, so who knows what their computer future is going to be

So, in all my research, I am still trying to find out if this is a "liberal" or "conservative" computer (the TX1). I find conflicting reports on it. Is the DG03 or the DG02 conservative or liberal?

the tx1 is as liberal or conservative as you make it. Like all real dive computers it allows the user to set the conservatism. In this case, it is done with user settable gradient factors so you literally get to outline your own decompression profile based on which GF's you choose

PZ+ running inside DG0(2,3) is supposedly more conservative than DSAT and less conservative than RGBM-based ones. Nobody knows for sure since "PZ+" nor "RGBMs" are proprietary and I'm not sure about Pelagic's DSAT implementation either. So any numbers you see are pulled out of completely arbitrary dive profiles at random points.

Edit: "PZ+ and RGBMs", "any comparison numbers".

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom