United Air Fare Sale To Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't done it from inside the terminal as we do an overnite. I understand reading here and www.bonairetalk.com that there is a train and you are inside the security check so no need to repeat the security mess......I would look on the airport site for transportation info to International. Good luck! We are going next week!

The ticket says it is leaving from the international terminal but it does not say a gate #. We are arriving in terminal E which is right next to international it appears (Terminal F). I do understand I have to go through customs/etc arriving back in US from BON and we have 4 hours when coming back between ATL and ORD fortunately.

Dave

The ticket says it is leaving from the international terminal but it does not say a gate #.

Then you just take the train over to F, as you surmised.

We are arriving in terminal E which is right next to international it appears (Terminal F). I do understand I have to go through customs/etc arriving back in US from BON and we have 4 hours when coming back between ATL and ORD fortunately.

Not just Immigration and Customs, but after that you also have to go through another security check. After you and your bags have gone through that security check, you place your checked baggage on a belt from which it gets routed to your flight to ORD. You then get on the train and head to whatever terminal your ORD flight leaves from.

Not that it matters, but E is the former International Terminal, and F is the "new" International Terminal (completed in 2012). Both E and F are now used for international arrivals. The special corridor or walkway I mentioned allows passengers arriving internationally at E to make their way over to F, where Immigration and Customs now are. Passengers arriving at F don't have to walk nearly as far.

Thanks for all the input guys. We also are part of the global entry program so hopefully this will be an even faster process.

Sitting here at the gate right now. We arrived at E8 and had to go to E17. Maybe a 5 minute walk. Everything went well and we have an hour to spare!! Thanks for all the info!

Even got a dive in today at Bari reef. Not bad considering I found out my Nitrox cert i got back in 2011 was a scam company and they won't accept it. I get to get PADI cert. tomorrow for $130. 5 years and not one dive op ever said a word!!

Who are you diving with, and who was the scam card issued by?

Dive Friends. Scuba Divers of America. I got it back in 2011 but i see posts in 2014 about them being a scam.

Made it back w/o getting anything stolen. Aside from one time I did not feel that there was a reason to be worried about things getting stolen. In fact the place we stayed had a gate and we left our BCD's and fins/boots out to dry w/o any issues at all. The one time my spidey senses were on alert I saw a small 4 door w/ tinted windows roll by us very slowly at the Hilma Hooker, turn around and go back the other direction. I don't see any reason for a local to be out there and to turn around unless they were being mischievous. There weren't many more dive sites down south so I assume they were just going to head back up north and look for unoccupied trucks. This is just speculation of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom