Tropical Storm Earl *Update* Hurricane Earl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

etexdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If anyone can post updates as TS Earl progresses, it would be helpful. A small group of us are going to Mahahual soon, and while I'm not too worried about the damage from wind and waves, they are forecasting up to a foot of rain. That much rain makes me worried about highway 307 being washed out/damaged. Thanks in advance!

If anyone can post updates as TS Earl progresses, it would be helpful. A small group of us are going to Mahahual soon, and while I'm not too worried about the damage from wind and waves, they are forecasting up to a foot of rain. That much rain makes me worried about highway 307 being washed out/damaged. Thanks in advance!

Unless you are on your way now, by the time you get there it will have made landfall. I doubt if you can get road closure data from Quintana Roo on the net. I use Wunderground Weather; seems to be the best for tropical regions. Mahahual, Mexico | 75° | Mostly Cloudy

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. My group of 13 divers are going further north (wet side) to Isla Mujeres next week.

Tropical Storm Earl : Tracking Map
You should be good up there. Might get some rain, but it should be cleared out by then. What I noticed about tropical systems in the past, is they tend to bring in all the weather and leave good weather in their place. :)

Reactions: Dan

Here's a pic that I saw from Mahahual as Earl came into Belize
Hurricane Earl from Mahahual, Mexico.jpg

You should be good up there. Might get some rain, but it should be cleared out by then. What I noticed about tropical systems in the past, is they tend to bring in all the weather and leave good weather in their place. :)

Thanks! I hope the whalesharks do not run off from Isla Mujeres too. I heard tons of them were there last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom