50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been waiting for this thread to pop up so I can join :)

Turned 50 in March at the tail end of a trip through Madagascar and east Africa
Live in Australia
"Adventurous Diver'' seeking out the lesser known dive spots even if it takes 13 planes
Happily single and loving life.

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?
I am 70 years old and I cave dive 3 times a week. Average dive is 90 minute swim at 104 average depth. I just bought my first DPV and am being certified on it next week.

lionfish your post brought me back to scubaboard. keep it up as long as you can. i stopped to be a 24/7 caregiver for 3 yrs. after she passed i had some serious cancer surgery of my own. 74 yrs old widower now. see the scuba gear in closet and wonder if i should give it away or restart. have been seeing a very athletic marathon runner, tennis player, swimmer who is certified. we talk about a may coz trip. hearing about other over 75 divers is inspiring.

take a refresher course, just because. And dive dive dive! Awesome!

lionfish your post brought me back to scubaboard. keep it up as long as you can. i stopped to be a 24/7 caregiver for 3 yrs. after she passed i had some serious cancer surgery of my own. 74 yrs old widower now. see the scuba gear in closet and wonder if i should give it away or restart. have been seeing a very athletic marathon runner, tennis player, swimmer who is certified. we talk about a may coz trip. hearing about other over 75 divers is inspiring.
Book a refresher in warm clear water. Your skills will come flooding back and your enjoyment of the beauty that is underwater.

Definitely book a refresher, or even just re-cert from scratch. The technology and best practice do change over time.

Get wet, dive to conservative limits and have fun!

(I'm 56 and seem to on track for my most dives in a year, ever.)

We are 69 and 70 and are off to the Solomon Islands next week for a month of diving there.
We met a couple in Suluweisi a few years ago who were 94 and 96, or was it 92 and 94? They spent the winters there every year. They had just come back from a trip to Raja Ampat on a 10 day Liveaboard!

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

Old thread but alas I must add myself to this list. I turned 50 in May

I live and do most of my diving in the Netherlands. I train novice divers and make 100-odd dives a year right now, about 1/2 of which are technical. My highest certs are some TDI technical specialty and some PADI thing for being an instructor.
So far I have no intention of slowing down at all. My current approach is to spend more time at the gym so I can keep on keeping up to my much younger buddy.

R..

I must have too many nitrogen bubbles in my brain--I can't figure out how to start a new post (I've done it several times before). Or maybe it's just old age but I feel like a youngster compared to some of you guys in this forum :wink:

Can someone please tell me how to start a new post? I can't even find the "Help" button.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom