Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did 3 dives Sunday off Kayak (Golden Beach area/North of Service Club). (10:30-4pm) Viz was highly variable. Some places 3-5 others 8-10. Just depended on silt in area. Waves about 1 ft, moderate winds (10 or less), depth 28 ft. Found a nice area which produced some fairly intact Megs. Overall, really good day of diving. Hope conditions hold for next weekend.

Took my boat out today - 3 dives in the Golden Beach and Service Club area. 8-10 ft. viz and 85F. Found lots of small teeth. Saw a manatee near Snake Island on my way out. Lots of emergency vehicles at the South Jetty when I was coming back in - several fire trucks, ambulances, police vehicles and the sheriff and Venice had their police boats in the water keeping boaters to the other side of the inlet. Turns out to have been a propane leak at Anita's Sand Castle.

7/29/2016 11pm
Manasota Beach
4-5' viz spent about 1:45 on the bottom around 14-15' depth (stayed way shallow)
a few small finds, no big teeth....(too shallow)

Been awhile, nice to be back

Thanks for the report!!! I am in North Port and I wondered what beach to go to go off Manasota? Would love to try that area.

7/29/2016 11pm
Manasota Beach
4-5' viz spent about 1:45 on the bottom around 14-15' depth (stayed way shallow)
a few small finds, no big teeth....(too shallow)

Been awhile, nice to be back

7/30/16
S. Brohard with dkramer
9:30 am
seas calm
stayed in the blocks 15-18 ft
viz poor, silty 2-3 fsw (last weekend was 8-10)
temp 88
nurse shark and goliath grouper have been hanging out lately
lots of small tropicals and small finds

8/2/16
Casperson
10 AM
I stayed very shallow no more than 10'
Vis was a solid 8-10' deeper began to have some suspension noted.

I began to swim out for deeper water, hoping to dive for teeth today. I got out to about the sandbar, and decided to turn and come closer to shore because viz was beautiful. Figured I would just hang around the reefs.... man was that a good choice. I had tons of bait fish, swam with them and just floated like I was apart of the pack. Then while following the reef deeper I ran into a HUGE (biggest I have personally seen) barracuda, scared the crap out of me, no idea why. Saw several baby snook, couple big snook, tons of tropical colorful fish. Some nice keeper sized mangrove snapper.... and beautiful reef life.

Aug 14 Manasota Beach 1 pm
Did an hr exploring found very few rolled tiny teeth. Viz was 5 -8 in places. Saw a manatee and puffer fish. Nice dive but not many teeth. Lots of Sand dollars.

image.jpeg
Alhambra
10:15 am
winds ESE light, calm
19 fsw
152 minutes

viz variable, a cloudy 6-8 then down to1 ft in places especially when the tide changed
lots of silt and snot in the water
found lots of small teeth and a broken golden beach tooth
saw a puffer fish I have never seen before, a checkered puffer with beautiful green blue eyes about 8 inches long. small school of ocean surgeonfish also!

Thursday 08/19
Boneyard 22 ft
9 am
Did two dives a little reverse thermal Cline
Warmer on bottom..
Vis was 15 ft on bottom horizontally but you could look up vertical and see surface.
Looks like a great weekend to dive . No super finds just few small teeth but lots to look at manta shrimp , golden Morey, sea Robin's , starfish was very peaceful down there .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom