Scubapro Mk25/S600... Or wait?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'm going to do the mk17/s600 since it is environmentally sealed and it will save me a little money. I just don't want to regret getting it and have to buy a new one in a couple of years, I want this set up to last me a while.

It's your reg. It will boil down the performance and comfort you want/need. Now I don't know anyone who absolutely swears by these super high priced regulators because for the most part it isn't necessary for the recreational diver. I get wet every single day and dive with an Aqualung Titan. It's bulletproof and has never given me the slightest hint of trouble but again that's just my opinion. If it's something you seriously plan to get into then maybe invest that money later on down the road once you know what your commitment level to the sport will be. Chances are you'll end up with more than a few regs on your shelf anyways so read up, look for rentals and demos and fins what's best for you.
Dive Safe!

I think I'm going to do the mk17/s600 since it is environmentally sealed and it will save me a little money. I just don't want to regret getting it and have to buy a new one in a couple of years, I want this set up to last me a while.
Being sealed is also good in warm sandy water.

I know someone who occasionally dives his MK2 2nd gen. It's from 1965.

So you're probably only going to get about 40-50 years out of a MK17...:wink:

Well just talking to my lds the mk25evo/s600 would actually be cheaper since the mk17/s600 is no longer available in a package anymore... Soo I have to think now what I'm going to go with

Well just talking to my lds the mk25evo/s600 would actually be cheaper since the mk17/s600 is no longer available in a package anymore... Soo I have to think now what I'm going to go with

I think that the MK25/s600 is a fantastic regulator. We use them at our dive school and they are great.

I have 5 MK25s/S600s. It is not that I need that many but I just do not want to keep changing my hose configurations on them. I have one configured for Yoke single tanks. I have two configured for DIN for backmounted doubles. And I just bought two more to configure for either DIN or Yoke sidemount systems. Now a days I live and primarily dive in the tropics but I have used them also in 1-3 ft vis in Dubai, Colorado and Seattle and in waters as cold as high 30s. Not once have I ever had any issues with them.

I also have Sherwood SR2s, Atomic B2s & Z2s and Aqua Lung Titans. Out of this bunch I would put as much faith in only the Atomics as I do my MK25/S600s. I just bought two MK17s/G260s for stage tanks but have not dived them yet.

So to J_Gig89 I say you are making a great investment in your regulators...If you can afford a great tool than buy a great tool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom