Understanding the drysuits available on the market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't want Zip Seals anyway with the cost of replacement seals. They are CRAZY. Go with the Si-Tech rings from DRIS and they are awesome and cheap to replace. Latex seals are $25 a pair $50 for a pair of silicone (wrists) Zip Seals are like $148 for a pair of wrists!!!!!!! Zip Seal for your neck is also $148.

I ended up ordering the USIA Techniflex last night. Mike at DRIS was awesome. They were going to call USIA and ask them to try their darndest so I could have my suit in time for my OW dives mid Sept. I didn't even think that was possible. They've had a super hard time trying to find a rental to fit me (I'm doing dry suit specialty with OW) so hopefully having my own suit for it makes me happy. :)

Are there any issues with the scubapro everdry 4?
That was my first suit. I loved how easy it was to dive, almost like a wetsuit. I didn't like it for winter diving since I couldn't wear enough undergarments. Also, it's known for having feet on the small side, so no room for thick socks. Neoprene seals mean you can't use dryglove rings. Backzip isn't as practical as frontzip, especially when you have to pee between dives (particularly for us guys).

I still use it as my summer suit.

BTW, I'm pretty certain that the Everdry is compressed neoprene, not crushed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom