Galapagos on Fire - good time to be there !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dom@DiveAdvice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just got the following feedback from the group leader aboard a charter on the Galapagos Master that came back on Monday Aug 22. He has made numerous trips to Galapagos so does have the experience to make the comments and comparisons he makes. There are still spaces available at some of the best rates you may ever see next month, so it may not be a bad time to consider packing your dive gear and heading over there. FYI he does not work for us and these comments are exactly what he wrote!

Re Galapagos, hell yea! We've had like 10 trips all packed in 1 week! Whale sharks each and every Darwin dive (X8), all huge and numerous and at arm's reach. Hammerheads galore. Orcas on the hunt in Isabela. Iguanas underwater feeding, more than I can count. Everywhere. Flightless cormorants hunting, with the catch of the day. Schools of playful dolphins. 20 minutes with 7 giant eagle rays. A school of 200 mobulas. 2 Mola mola at cleaning station. Want some more? because I have it if you need more :)

By the weekend I should have some photos ready and I will write down a short summary for you, and will send you from the long connection in Madrid :) that would be Thursday or Friday.

Best trip ever, and Galapagos is still number 1 destination in the world :)

Then last night we got this from him from his diving in the central islands.

Today we saw Orcas again during the day trip, and also the most amazing duo-galapagos hawk show possible! Great stuff :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom