Ikelite Rx100 II Housing lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manolism

New
Reaction score
I have an Ikelite housing for my RX100 MkII. I want to get some wet lenses (macro + wide). The obvious solution would the ones with M67 threads. Is there a way to attach AD or 28AD lenses instead ? I presume it would be easier to exchange these underwater.

I see that Nauticam has one that adapts their WWL-1 (bayonet mount) to an m67 thread.

A quick search also brought up one made by "Deeproof", although I don't see much info available on that one. Pictures don't even show a bayonet release (there must be some mechanism, right?).

Even if these options work, I think the biggest problem is that the addition of an adapter probably moves the lens away from the port, which could affect optical quality.

I use an m67 wet lens (a Fix UWL-04), and it's pretty big. Taking it off underwater is very unwieldy. I've been fine sticking with it for the whole dive thus far (I like ultrawide a lot more than macro), but if you want to get a kit that you can swap lenses, bayonet is definitely the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom