What's in a (user) Name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like UNCFNP mine is a reference to my alma mater. I went to NC State (hmm, just 20 miles from UNC) whose mascot is the red wolf. Since I'm living in SC I'm the red wolf from South Carolina = SCRedWolf. Nothing fancy or creative.

My avatar is a picture of me taken during a wall dive at Isla Catalina in the Dominican Republic. If my behavior remains consistent I'll change avatars every once in a while just for something different.

Go Pack! NCSU grad here. I think that's why I took up diving. Being a State fan is just too depressing at times, I needed an activity that would lift my spirits :)

Mine's pretty self-explanatory the D3 is my initials DDD

First two letters are start of my family name, third is first of my name, rest is our word for Icarus, since I was and still am crazy about flying

I am a doctor, which gives the "dr". My initials are "mwc". I am also not very imaginative.

You can guess my plain vanilla username.

As for my avatar, that was the first Oceanic Mola Mola I saw in Crystal Bay, Nusa Penida, Bali, Indonesia. It's tail was being cleaned by a foot-long Emperor Anglefish. So, I let you guys estimate how big that Mola Mola is. It was a chilly water for me (22C or 72F) for me & at deepest depth I was ever dare to get down to (43 m or 140') with 27% Nitrox, so I was over the 1.4 PO2 MOD. My DM & dive buddy were few feet above me & watching me closely if I start to act strange & ready to grab me to safety. But, I was down there for only few seconds, just to get that picture & slowly ascend. The rest of the dive was pretty mundane.

In my other life I was a huge State fan and still have the t-shirt from the 1983 NCAA basketball championship.

My sister was going to Carolina at the exact same time I as going to State. We somewhat shared a car so it had to have decals for both schools on it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom