How many of you love diving with your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to have my wife join me, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I need to find out dirtfarmer's secret. I got enough grief about a weekend dive trip to FL earlier this year, much less leave for 3 weeks...lol

I would love to have my wife join me, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I need to find out dirtfarmer's secret. I got enough grief about a weekend dive trip to FL earlier this year, much less leave for 3 weeks...lol

She Love's me!

I am planning my Nov trip and at one of the destinations it wasn't working out and I was ready to stay home and she was " go! you'll sit around the house and mope and wished you went diving"

We both work here on the farm so we see each other constantly so that might help. We both miss each other when I'm gone but I have the distraction of diving. 3 weeks is about her limit, last year I told her early on 3 weeks but then broke the news it was 26 days and I was in sooo much trouble.

I had a laugh thinking about this thread; recently got back from a solo 5 day Truth Aquatics live-aboard trip to the Channel Islands of California, and my wife asked if all the other passengers were as 'eat up with diving' as I was.Maybe I should've asked if the other women in the store are as 'eat up with shopping' as she sometimes is? Richard.

She may be worried about your safety more than anything else. Some people are very frightened by the idea of scuba diving. For me the idea of skydiving is very scary and I find it difficult to understand the attraction.

Last edited:
my other half cant swim -- so I solo dive quite a bit. where I live there arent many I can find with to dive with -- sigh
However, my 10 yr old son is now takign classes to become a diver, so I will now have a buddy to dive with -- woohoo

My wife and I dive together all the time. I got certified a year before she did and couldn't have been more thrilled when she got her certs. She loves the water and it is great to be able to say, "Let's go diving" and she's getting ready to go. And although I've gotten a lot better on air consumption, I can only wish I could make a tank last like she can. Beats anything I've ever seen.

@DiverDownD3-when we get together at the treasure hunt in October, maybe she'll see how much my wife loves it and reconsider.

My wife and I dive together. It's great when we do it. Unfortunately, it's a little more difficult getting everything set so I've been diving a little less since I got married. I might have to start doing the occasional dive without her, although I don't really want to go there.

My husband dives, but not as often and he's usually jittery the first dive or two after he's been away from it for a while. So when I dive with him, I feel a bit guilty because I know he dives more for my sake than for his and a bit irritable because for the first couple of dives, I have to focus on making sure he's relaxed. I want to encourage him, but I don't think he'll ever love it as much as I do.

I did my first dive with the wife in 2 years yesterday following a series of pregnancies...
We had 2 green turtles, lots of pelagic, 4 whitecap sharks including a very pregnant one... and a dolphin rushing onto the reef to hunt! Guess she brought me luck as it's only the third time I see a dolphin on the house reef... so yeah I love diving with the wife again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom