Which rock boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My USIA Techniflex on order is going to have neoprene socks. I disliked both the rubber and soft boots as a whole when trying on rental suits. I prefer something more supportive (like the booties I got for the pool), so which rock boots do you recommend?

There's Hollis, which DRIS sells, as well as DUI.

Any others? I have small feet (women's size 7).

I've got Hollis F2 fins I'd like to keep using.

I've emailed DRIS, asking if they have smaller Hollis sizes in stock. I really need to be able to try them on.

I have had a dive shop owner suggest Chuck Taylor tennis shoes instead of rock boots. They may be cheaper and easier to find ones that fit.

whites evo3 and the scubapro boots are the best two i have tried. everything else isn't really much better than chuck taylors. i own 2 pairs of the evo3 boots. i use mine with 2XL f1s or 3XL turtle fins usually.

I like the XS Scuba 8mm Thug boots because of the thick, stiff soles. Costs between $50 - 75 depending on sales.

I have 2 pair - 1 pair studded for winter ice and 1 pair without studs. The studded ones require an oversize fin pocket like JetPros or Turtle fins.

I think they are probably stiffer and warmer than tennis shoes. You can use them with your summer fins. You might want to get a size larger so that you can wear dive socks, like Lavacore has, under them. In the winter just pour hot water in them before entry and you'll be warm the whole dive.

My USIA Techniflex on order is going to have neoprene socks. I disliked both the rubber and soft boots as a whole when trying on rental suits. I prefer something more supportive (like the booties I got for the pool), so which rock boots do you recommend?

There's Hollis, which DRIS sells, as well as DUI.

Any others? I have small feet (women's size 7).
I have a set of these (in a slightly larger size). Love em

300210 Typhoon Rock Boot ideal for Scuba Diving Kayaking Sailing Canoeing Beach

I have had a dive shop owner suggest Chuck Taylor tennis shoes instead of rock boots. They may be cheaper and easier to find ones that fit.
The old school canvas ones. They allow enough ankle flexibility to do any kick you want.

I've used EVO3s. They are great boots, but I can't do a frog kick in them, particularly the version where it is all from your ankle. But if you need a solid boot to get to/from the dive site and can deal with the limits they will be great. The Bare soft boots are pretty nice and I could do all the kicks there, but I only dove then a few times. They are not good a boot for tough surfaces as the evo3s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom