suggestions please: resort and dive operator in Bonaire in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you everyone for suggestions and advice. We have decided to stay at Den Laman and dive with Bari Reef divers.
Sounds like we are heading for a treat visiting Bonaire!

We have stayed at Den Leman and dived with Bari Dive a few times and we liked it very much and the house reef was great, I hope that you have a terrific time, how many days will you be on Bonaire?

Take a look at Den Laman apartments with Bari Dive and Adventure as the onsite dive op. The house reef is considered to be among the best on the island.

Thank you everyone for suggestions and advice. We have decided to stay at Den Laman and dive with Bari Reef divers.
Sounds like we are heading for a treat visiting Bonaire!

We have stayed at Den Leman and dived with Bari Dive a few times and we liked it very much and the house reef was great, I hope that you have a terrific time, how many days will you be on Bonaire?

LMAO. That's three different dive operators I've never heard of before. I assume you guys were referring to Bonaire Dive and Adventure?

You'll love having Bari Reef as your "house reef". We usually stay a little farther north but we try to dive Bari once or twice a week during our extended winter visits Personally I think all the fuss about diving with BDA to get access to the pier is a little overrated though. It's also easy and convenient to just walk into the sea at the public access point immediately south of Den Laman.

Enjoy your trip!

Personally I think all the fuss about diving with BDA to get access to the pier is a little overrated though. It's also easy and convenient to just walk into the sea at the public access point immediately south of Den Laman.

Totally agree, just park off the circle, don gear in back of truck and walk in. One of the easiest entries on the island, looks like the remains of an old boat launch ramp and pier. You are literally on the other side of the rope from Den Laman.

Well, there's also DFB at Sand Dollar. I expect if you're with them, you could just walk in and take the tanks on the cart to the bench on the other side of the pier. You'll need to walk down a dozen steps, though, to the easiest entry on the island.

My buddy went to plaza for a week, boat broke down 3 times. Ugh.... I don't think there's any reason to boat dive at all. The ins and outs are so easy. LOVE LOVE LOVE not being a boat schedule. I have stayed at the plaza, and rented a condo near the airport. Definitely prefer the condo atmosphere with a kitchen, and the option to eat out as we wanted. We got tanks via self service at the plaza though. Super convenient imho.

We've gone with Wannadive twice and Bonaire Dive Adventure (at Den Laman). Wannadive is a truly wonderful operation.

Go with BDA if you're staying at Den Laman.

There are a myriad of choices. Most folks are recommending big ops which means more people. There are some more boutique a la carte options using some of the lesser known diver operators and renting a little bungalow or condo. If you like the masses and big groups, Buddy and Plaza and Divi will be good fits. If you need unique and small, contact me for details.

The only thing you really need in bonaire is tanks. You can easily do your own research online for the dive sites not to miss. If you want to do a boat dive on the other side, East coast diving was great. Hans was a trip. I find it more convenient to stay near the airport area/city (city may be an overstatement).

For future reference and Thank you again for everyone that replied:
Just came back from a wonderful stay at Den Laman and diving with Bonaire Dive and Adventure shop on site.
Excellent service and good choice for both!!!
Highly recommended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom