Scubalamp Diving Flashlight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAlamp

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Vivian. Have you thought of having some of your engineers (not marketing people) actively and openly participate in SB threads?

Some topics (I claim) would be of interest:
- battery technology
- LED technology
- control technology
- mechanical design

There are a VERY large number of poor quality lights on the market. Please have an engineer tell us why your lights are better than the $15 eBay lights.

Hi Vivian. Have you thought of having some of your engineers (not marketing people) actively and openly participate in SB threads?

Some topics (I claim) would be of interest:
- battery technology
- LED technology
- control technology
- mechanical design

There are a VERY large number of poor quality lights on the market. Please have an engineer tell us why your lights are better than the $15 eBay lights.

Dear giffenk,

Firstly, appreciated for your comments and suggestions. While our engineers' English may not good enough to chat here, i am the sales and would like to say something, and i will do my best to settle some of the doubts. :)

Answers:
- The batteries we've been using are of Panasonic. And then our engineers use them to design battery pack for our video lights: PV32S/ PV52SP/ PV62S/ PV102S

- The LEDs are from Cree of XM-L2 U2 Bin.

- All the Scubalamp diving flashlights been testing under the pressure of 20PA before shipping out.

- Mechanical design: Let me take an example, as you know, magnetic switch would be corrode by sea water with the increasing dive times. This will affect its sensitivity and stability. Another point of magnetic switch is that it may get sands or salts in that leads to malfunction. There are also some clicky switch that will not working when dive to about 60M. While our patented side switch using mechanical top-in structure won't have these issues.

There are also some other details, such as,
O-ring ~ we use viton O-ring instead of silicon O-ring. Viton O-ring with higher corrosion resistance and heat&cold stability that with high performance on waterproof.

Runtime ~ I heard many friends complains on some flashlights works at a high lumens, but it suddenly drop a lot after several minutes. While our diving flashlights are worked at constant current, it will lower the brightness, but just lower a bit.

LED lids ~ We don't use plastic led lids, we use metal led lids which looks elegant and good for heat dissipation.

... and so on.

Every details are well and dedicated designed for safe diving. We have been doing OEM and ODM for years, and established our own brand 2-3 years agao. We are new but we are responsible to all of our diving lights. And we will keep improving on products and do our best to serve our customers in future.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Vivian

email/ skype: vivian@scubalamp.com
Mobile/ Whatsapp: +86 13713318010
Facebook: Vivian Wu | Facebook

Dear Vivian,

How is last long battery pack on PV62S (6,500 lumens) during the high output?

Do you any option to use a cable and external battery pack?

Are capable of battery pack exchange while underwater?

Furthermore, price is not seen on your scubalamp.com. Where can obtain price information for the same?

Dear Vivian,

How is last long battery pack on PV62S (6,500 lumens) during the high output?

Do you any option to use a cable and external battery pack?

Are capable of battery pack exchange while underwater?

Furthermore, price is not seen on your scubalamp.com. Where can obtain price information for the same?

Dear Kelemvor,

Thank you for your message!

PV62S has the stepless function, ie., you can adjust the brightness by holding and pressing the side switch.

PV62S use battery pack that can't change underwater. While its runtime is more than 70 mins at 6500lm, this is the real data, some dive friends will order a spare battery if he go for a long trip.

As for the price, I've sent by PM, please kindly check your inbox.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Vivian

email/ skype: vivian@scubalamp.com
Mobile/ Whatsapp: +86 13713318010
Facebook: Vivian Wu | Facebook

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom