My indepth review of the Hollis NeoTek Semi-Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Th

Thats what I thought. Its tight over my arms and legs so I should be just fine.

Checked the pictures on the Hollis homepage and you can clearly see the model have alot of "extra suit" on the same places as I do.

Dive day tomorrow so I will get back with my first experience input tomorrow. Probably gonna bring some extra weight because I have a feeling this suit will make me a little more boyant then my Cressi driver mono.
yes you will need the extra weigh for sure lol

theres a review video on youtube just search hollis semi dry suit review on youtube theres a guy talking about how he got a larger size so he can put extra garments under the suit. he dove in cold water and he loved the suit he even said that his drysuit is going in the garage as storage lol. do yourself a favor and go look at his review on youtube...

Last edited:
I've got a couple of hundred dives on the suit. It doesn't have to fit tightly. I am comfortable down to 8°C. After that that it starts to be chilly. I have never used a lavacore with it and have dived to 3°C - though it was chilly.

Last edited:
where are you diving?? is the water cold?? what temp is the water?? and congrats on buying one of the best semi dry suit, probably the best semi dry suit on the market....

Im diving on the Swedish westcoast. Now during summer we have around 65-70 degress fahrenheit on 60 feet but Im sure it will drop down to a nice 30 degress soon!

I doubt that. Even in Sweden when water drops below 32°F it gets too HARD to dive in! We usually call water below 32°F (0°C) ICE!
Haha sorry bad math, drop down to 50 would be more acurate :) although around december-february it does go down to 0-5 degress C but I dont have any plans diving this winter.

I've got a couple of hundred dives on the suit. It doesn't have to fit tightly. I am comfortable down to 8°C. After that that it starts to be chilly. I have never used a lavacore with it and have dived to 3°C - though it was chilly.
wow you got 200 dives on your suit.. hows it taking the wear and tear is the suit holding up well????

Haha sorry bad math, drop down to 50 would be more acurate :) although around december-february it does go down to 0-5 degress C but I dont have any plans diving this winter.
What are you a Swedish Sissy? Here in Estonia we dive under the ice! :cool:
I have actually had a diver go under the ice, not in a semi-dry, but a wetsuit! Most of us admittedly, go dry. But hey, it is some of the best diving conditions that way! Come on over and try it out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom